Ortiz & Santana Vs. Young Bucks - ****1/4

Adam Page Vs. PAC - ****1/4

Shawn Spears Vs. Joey Janela - ***1/4

SCU Vs. Lucha Brothers Vs. Private Party - ****

Riho Vs. Emi Sakura - ****

Chris Jericho Vs. Cody - ****1/2

Jon Moxley Vs. Kenny Omega - ****1/2

---------------------------------------

Wow, really high on a lot of those, Riho/Emi I would say is a star to high, and tag title match is probably a ***1/2 for me, but the rest I honestly agree with, the show was really good.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,106 Posts
Lol so he went 4 and half stars on Moxley/Omega after all.

I agree with most of these except Riho/Sakura, which would be in the 3 star range for me, and I'd rate PAC/Hangman 4.5 while giving Cody/Jericho 4.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
I only argue if someone's rating is a star different than mine.

I went 2 1/4 for Spears/Janela.

Most everything else he is about half a star higher than me.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Yeah pretty bang on. I might go slightly lower on the 3 way tag and the women's title but not much.

I also think Mox and Omega is the full 5*. But yeah this was a loaded show, I think their best all around card wrestling wise but DON was the best overall show with the best overall match in Cody/Dustin.

·
Registered
485 Posts
LOL. Savage Meltzer man, Britt Baker couldn't even break 2 stars with him damn. I get it she's green but not 2 stars? Priestly was at least fun to watch cmon lmao and Baker is definitely getting better but she's still a fresh dollar bill.

I wrote a huge post for my Full Gear grades that got deleted by log-in timeout :( my ratings were pretty close.

Shawn Spears match was a dud. 3 stars at most from me and I even went with 2 and 1/2 star.

The triple threat I actually had a peg lower. 3 and 1/4ths star. I thought the Young Bucks match was infinitely better because of the psychology and story-telling. I didn't think it was a 4th of a star better than the triple threat.

Riho vs Emi I actually had a 3 and 1/4th. Easily 4 stars and higher if it had more buildup.

I had the AEW Championship at 5 stars 'cause fuck yea.

Mox and Kenny at 4 and a half seem about right. Maybe a peg lower, lowest I'd go is 4 stars.

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
Janel/Spears I thought was the weakest part of the show and killed the crowd before Riho and Emi saved it, would've gave that math two stars at most.

Cody/Jericho I personally thought was a 5 star match, excellent in ring storytelling and psychology

·
One Winged Angel
3,708 Posts
Britt Baker Vs. Bea Priestley - *3/4
Far too low.

Ortiz & Santana Vs. Young Bucks - ****1/4
Sure.

Adam Page Vs. PAC - ****1/4
Too high.

Shawn Spears Vs. Joey Janela - ***1/4
Too high.

SCU Vs. Lucha Brothers Vs. Private Party - ****
Sure.

Riho Vs. Emi Sakura - ****
Too high.

Chris Jericho Vs. Cody - ****1/2
Sure.

Jon Moxley Vs. Kenny Omega - ****1/2
Sure.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
I think Janela/Spears was a bland tv match/5. The only memorable thing was the finish. Since they seem to be continuing this program, I think they should just put Janela over. He's connecting more with the crowd than Spears is and his character is a little more interesting. I pretty much agree with the rest of Meltzer's ratings though.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
For the most part I agree. I wouldn't rate any of them higher and a couple lower but only by 1/4th. Surprised the preshow was that low but in reality it was god awful.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I gave the two main events 5 stars each. So I was higher on them then he was.

Was around the same for Riho/Sakura, Pac/Page, Triple Threat tag title match, Bucks match.

Nothing on his match ratings I would disagree with it. Britt/Bea wasn't that bad but definitely the Britt push needs to slow down a little now.

I thought it was a fantastic PPV.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mostly fair, didn't think bea/Britt was THAT bad. Riho/Sakura was the best pure wrestling match on the show, for me, aside from Pac/Hangman. Co-main events seem right, though I would've gone slightly higher due to the stories being told

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
He’s high on everything

Cody vs Jericho **** is the highest I’d go on any match.

Everything was fun and exciting so still a great show.

PAC vs Hangman on Dynamite this week was better than anything on the PPV

1 - 20 of 43 Posts