Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It started with him doing what he always does, fact checking some stuff that is wrong. Turns out Asuka is actually nowhere close to the actual record.

Obviously, the fanboys got heated.

Also, turns out that not only is it nowhere near the actual record, but there is a chance that it isn't even the longest winning record for a woman, since Moolah may have her beat there since she was champion for like 28 years.

Wish WWE wouldn't just fabricate stuff like this, but what can you do.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,146 Posts
Not to mention, Asuka actually has some losses on house shows on her record. Granted she didn't get pinned but it still counts as a loss.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, doesn't matter. Reality is what WWE tells us it is. They said Andre was undefeated when he faced Hogan, he wasn't but their narrative became reality.
It will be fun to see the same people who say Jinder isn't believable because he was a jobber, turn around and say Asuka has the record because whatever WWE says is reality.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
technically he is right. WWE is not WCW he was merely correcting the chin lady from her clueless knowledge of wrestling :)

but to be fair who really cares that Asuka holds the longest reign. As seen with Ziggler on Nakamura, WWE doesn't acknowledge NxT anyway.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Moolah didn't wrestle that many matches though did she?

Meltzer is just being a bit of a fag tbh (though he is technically right), the only thing that should be in question is whether she's beaten Goldberg's record or not since that was what was being mentioned previously.. Fuck Steph's tweet. Now obviously Goldberg's record has various different numbers & Asuka isn't technically undefeated in NXT but that's another conversation that I cba having yet again

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
I will swear that I've read that Moolah's 28 year reign was perpetuated by the WWE and thhat there were breaks in there. I wasn't even aware that Thesz had a streak like that. Cool to know. Anyways, a streak these days is only as good as it's booked and Asuka's has not drawn me in.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Yeah, records are sort of stupid considering how much the business has changed and how in the "Golden Age" of wrestling and the WWe specifically, there wasn't as many shows and wrestlers tended to hold world titles for years on end.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
If WWE says Roman Reigns is suffering from internal bleeding you bet he is.

If WWE says Asuka is on a record-breaking undefeated streak it must be true.

If WWE says Strowman has changed sex and is now going to compete in the Women's division you also better believe it to be true. Anything WWE says goes in the kayfabe universe.

Reactions: DarkLady

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,441 Posts
Is the WWE saying that Asuka has the biggest win streak EVER, because I thought they were just hyping that she had beaten Goldberg's? I can actually buy that, his record was 173 wins, and certainly she's wrestled more than 173 matches in the last year and change that she's been Champ, and then some.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,444 Posts
Yeah, anybody that's done even basic fact checking knows her 'record' is fabricated to hell and back. It ultimately doesn't matter though. WWE writes their own history and if they want Asuka to have that accolade then she has it, at least from a kayfabe standpoint.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I really don't get the big deal with WWE acknowledging WCW history as a part of its own. They own it. Their kayfabe is WWE's kayfabe now.

But yeah, Meltzer's mostly right and Stephanie still comes off a little clueless here.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Asuka's record is at least in terms of numbers of matches actually legit. And she lost 3 matches in total, 2 of them were on house shows where she didn't take the fall in and the last one was a battle royal. I mean, its still pretty damn impressive, just not as impressive.

I mean, being allowed enough trust to have such a winning streak is actually impressive in the same way winning a title meant you must've been an impressive performer to be allowed the world title and carry it on your back(that is until Jinder destroyed that). The argument that they could give it to anyone does not make the achievement any less impressive because they don't actually give it to any random wrestler. You have to be really good at your job if not the best(again, at least until Jinder).

And her streak is way more legitimate than Jinder's title win. Jinder's title win was horrible because in kayfabe, you just don't give a jobber the title without building him up. It gives the perception in kayfabe that you don't have to be a good wrestler to win the title so people place less value in it. Also, as mentioned before, by giving it to someone the majority considered untalented, it reduces the legitimate value of the belt. Again, if even the most shit performers can win the belt, then why should I care for it?

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,139 Posts
Its beyond weird when this sort of thing genuinely upsets some people. WWE lie, why get upset at a guy who is just pointing out that Asuka isn't anywhere close to being a record breaker. That fact that doesn't affect how stale she is or how big a detriment she is to the NXT Womens division.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts