Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a legit amazing thing, considering what it takes in, including the entire WWE product line and all the legendary rock bands and pop culture figures, but for last week at Hot Topic, top selling T-shirt was Rick & Morty Portal (characters on Adult Swim), but No. 2 was the Young Bucks Bullet Club shirt and No. 3 was the Cody Bullet Club shirt. This would be from figures gathered from stores nationwide and would be out of literally thousands of T-shirt designs carried
Dave also mentioned in the latest WOR New Japan's business was up 20 percent this year.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
So it would suggest, if its true that NJPW business is up 20% that in fact the "decline in wrestling" isn't across the board for all promotions. Good for NJPW I guess, the more promotions with growth the better for the industry. Just a shame the market leader is doing their best to throw away their popularity.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
Got to wonder though how many people buy it simply because they walked past it and think it looks badass.

Seriously, how many people who don't know wrestling would actually buy this shirt?

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Got to wonder though how many people buy it simply because they walked past it and think it looks badass.

Seriously, how many people who don't know wrestling would actually buy this shirt?
How many people who do know wrestling would actually buy that? Awful :lmao

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts

This is a cherrypicked shirt.

No, most grown men and women would not wear this.

But Ambrose, Rollins, Styles, and even Reigns have decent looking merch. :draper2

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
My sister's been working at Hot-Topic for the past few months now and the things that have been really popular at her store are Big Bang Theory, DC, Marvel, and classic rock stars/bands. The only WWE items even remotely popular at her store are Sasha Banks shirts, Hardy Boyz shirts, and the legend shirts (the real draws). Now Bullet Club has changed that and a Cody Rhodes shirt is outselling a Kevin Owens shirt by a large margin.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Dave also mentioned in the latest WOR New Japan's business was up 20 percent this year.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least, NJPW G1 American shows, the whole crowd had them, plus New Japan ran out of merch cause they didn't bring enough cause they didn't think they sell that much lol. Young Bucks said they made more money on their UK and Ireland tour then any other tour. I was at last few WWE shows over here and I've seen Bullet Club shirts in the crowd. So I wouldn't be shocked by that at all.

Imagine if Bullet Club were WWE owned how much more they'd be making.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts