Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Punk returning, even if it's just for a short run, does nobody big favors.
WWE product is ice cold, Punk is most likely not going to bring ratings through the roof, it would only serve his bitter haters as more fodder against him, plus Vince would need to pay him a shitload of money.
Also, it would lose Punk credibility. I still have the highest respect for him.

And as far as I know, Punk sells his own merch, he really doesn't need WWE.

Daniel Bryan was on fire when CM Punk was still there how are you forgetting that?...
Probably because Punk was feuding Kane at the time.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,357 Posts
When Punk first left, I thought he'd back in 3 years, which happens to be this year. So, I was way off on that. The fact that they haven't even talked in 3 full years isn't a great sign.

But Bruno came back. Bret came back. Warrior came back. Brock came back. Goldberg came back. So, who knows, maybe Punk will come back one day, but I don't think it's anytime soon.

Fact is, WWE could absolutely use him in the worst way possible with Attendance numbers being way down. We already know the story with ratings. If he came back, I have to admit I'd eat it up.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Punk returning, even if it's just for a short run, does nobody big favors.
WWE product is ice cold, Punk is most likely not going to bring ratings through the roof, it would only serve his bitter haters as more fodder against him, plus Vince would need to pay him a shitload of money.
Also, it would lose Punk credibility. I still have the highest respect for him.

And as far as I know, Punk sells his own merch, he really doesn't need WWE.

Probably because Punk was feuding Kane at the time.
Really?...:reigns3

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
Last we saw Punk he was getting punked by one of the MTV reality cunts. He's circling the drain. If he doesn't have a fight scheduled or even in the works what in the hell is he doing?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would think that Vince and at least some within the company would want him to return, surely. I'm sure a few (like Triple H/Stephanie) probably don't want him back also.. I'm not even a huge mark for the guy, and was pretty negative about his MMA run (just because I knew he had neither the experience or athleticism to compete in real competition). But the fact is the guy is a top pro wrestling act like him or not.

He would instantly be the top guy other than maybe Cena and Brock, at least in my opinion. Although they would probably use him as fodder to keep Roman strong.

·
"If I can't f*** shit up I don't wanna live!"
284 Posts
Re: WWE wants CM Punk to return

We all know Punk still wants that Wrestlemania main event. If it was offered to him, I am sure he would take it, you can't just switch of your lifelong ambition.
Because his criticism was of part-timers hogging Mania main events, I only see him accepting this spot if he comes back for a Jericho-like full-time run for at least a year straight. A part-time return where he's offered the main event in kayfabe but insists that a full-timer main event and offers to wrestle the kickoff match could be a fun way to follow up the CM Punk narrative, if he has to be part time.

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
I would LOOOOOVE a CM Punk return. I'm not even gonna lie. His work on the mic was tremendous and the guy delivered great matches.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Punk should have one last hurrah and boost NJPW(more likely as he expressed his desire to go there qhen he was young) or ROH.
He'll get a good amount out one of those or both.
Just imagine, Bryan and Punk in the same company outside of WWE in 2018.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Last we saw Punk he was getting punked by one of the MTV reality cunts. He's circling the drain. If he doesn't have a fight scheduled or even in the works what in the hell is he doing?
Just a hunch, but probably what 99% of the population can't afford to.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Ofc they want him back. Money talks. Question is does he want to go back? He could have an amazing run since there are so many new guys for him to work with. Styles,Neville,Owens,Balor,Joe,Braun,Baron,Zayn,Neville. Even the shield guys are completly different then they were 3.5 years ago when Punk split. Hell imagine a back and forth on the mic between Punk and Enzo

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
So Meltzer saying that WWE is often willing to do business with people despite contentious relationships is considered news? History tells us that money and time can mend fences. Insert CM Punk name drop to get people's attention and it becomes news. Fucking sheep. I'm not even saying that WWE doesn't want him to come back, but this isn't news. Hogan, Warrior, Hart, Sammartino etc. all made amends to some degree under way more contentious circumstances than having an issue with their push. Essentially the only people who were truly cast away were Chyna and Jarrett. Even Savage got treated well posthumously, Chyna can't even get that.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Maybe in a few years but I am not convinced it will be within the next few months. Vince doesn't hold grudges forever, but the same can't be said for someone else there.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
oh aye cm punk is going to accept the hand that fired him on his wedding day, haha cm punk wouldn't piss on that company if it was on fire.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
If Bret can return there's no reason Punk can't but it will be a long time if/when it ever does happen. Always thought there are alot of similarities in how Bret/Punk left WWE. Think of the huge story line they could do with Punk vs HHH/Stephanie/Vince feud. Real life tension. Huge pop Punk would receive in his return back.

Poor A.J. misses wrestling and had to give it up because of Punk. It still amazes me how WWE never buried or de-pushed A.J. when Punk was gone. That's usually never the case as WWE seemingly always punishes someone connected to talent that's left on bad terms.

61 - 80 of 129 Posts