Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,473 Posts
I imagine there's a bit more to it than "wrestlers coming up with stories and Khan just saying yes or no".

They probably all sit down and book the shows/feuds together in their conference meetings.

Promo's will be unscripted, but they'll have a large storyline planned out for each feud for which show etc.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I think its been made very clear by now that writers don't know how wrestling works, we're better off without them

Sounds like WCW.

Get Russo in. Let's have AEW be the fun car crash tv show, as opposed to the wrestling show NXT will put on. I know I'd rather see segments, promos and angles than just vanilla matches. Car crash shit tv draws.
if that were true then surely WCW would have survived

but since you appear to be a Vince Russo fan in 2019 im better off ignoring you

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Writers give management a form of control, given free reign you risk wrestlers going rogue.
1 you don't need writers to control peoples careers

2. if they do go rouge you do what TNA never did and make an example out of them

What a hack. But you know all the hillbillies out there will gobble it right up.
so you're saying only hillbillies will believe anything you tell them?

Reactions: PirateMonkE

·
Registered
12,409 Posts
I don't believe it. They probably just call it something different. No way you're having a guy in Tony Khan who never wrote television in his life all of a sudden the only shot caller to a bunch of wrestlers pitching their own shit to him.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
I don't believe it. They probably just call it something different. No way you're having a guy in Tony Khan who never wrote television in his life all of a sudden the only shot caller to a bunch of wrestlers pitching their own shit to him.
Booking committee. Every wrestling promotion before Vince has done it and it worked.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I honestly don't fully believe this. I believe that wrestlers have some freedom, ie no script, but surely there's got to be someone pulling the strings on storylines.
yeah, it would be utter chaos otherwise. You would have to physically get everyone to agree on eachothers storylines for it to ever progress.

there has to be some kind of central creator producing story paths with maybe some space for wrestler input.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,902 Posts
Tony Khan has been following wrestling since the NWA days. Good thing that he only has the final say.
What does that even mean lmao. Hes a fan thats watched wrestling a long time....okay? That qualifies him to do what exactly?

Look, Im not saying it won't work, but to be like.."oh its cool Gedo and Jado do it too" doesnt make sense at all lol. They already have Arn, Tully, Dean Malenko, Billy Gunn, etc, just make them the booking committee. Im fine with that.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
Of course they have people driven the company storylines but its un scripted just like its always been until wwe decided to do it. You cant fucking tell someone like chris jericho what to say. You cant tell the rock or stone cold what to say.

They have agents and creative people back stage helping wrestlers move things of course

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
What does that even mean lmao. Hes a fan thats watched wrestling a long time....okay? That qualifies him to do what exactly?

Look, Im not saying it won't work, but to be like.."oh its cool Gedo and Jado do it too" doesnt make sense at all lol. They already have Arn, Tully, Dean Malenko, Billy Gunn, etc, just make them the booking committee. Im fine with that.
GEDO was a midcarder and a fan of Memphis wrestling. They're pretty much even and again, Tony Khan isn't booking for what we know.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
i listened to the observer radio...and I got to say poor Dave, every single thing he says get turned into so breaking news story and taken out of context. Dave just explained that the storyline would be led by the wrestlers themselves ( just like in new Japan, it doesn't mean the wrestlers decides who wins or not or the longterm booking, it means they have their creativity to put some stuffs into how they go from point A to point B). and that was also his point about aew not having writers. they HAVE a writing committee , we know it's the EVPs + khan.....it just means that they have flexibility. thats what you understand hwhen you get all the context around it and what they are talking about ( wwe having 1000 writers and how the elite and y2J turned the belt situation into the hottest angle of the week maybe the month).

the context has been taken away, Dave didnt present it like some breaking news about aew having all wrestlers write their stories. heck, Jericho confirmed that they have match agents and malenko booked their match, of course it's not utter chaos....if it was chaos they wouldn't have reacted as fast as they did on every situation so far.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
i listened to the observer radio...and I got to say poor Dave, every single thing he says get turned into so breaking news story and taken out of context. Dave just explained that the storyline would be led by the wrestlers themselves ( just like in new Japan, it doesn't mean the wrestlers decides who wins or not or the longterm booking, it means they have their creativity to put some stuffs into how they go from point A to point B). and that was also his point about aew not having writers. they HAVE a writing committee , we know it's the EVPs + khan.....it just means that they have flexibility. thats what you understand hwhen you get all the context around it and what they are talking about ( wwe having 1000 writers and how the elite and y2J turned the belt situation into the hottest angle of the week maybe the month).

the context has been taken away, Dave didnt present it like some breaking news about aew having all wrestlers write their stories. heck, Jericho confirmed that they have match agents and malenko booked their match, of course it's not utter chaos....if it was chaos they wouldn't have reacted as fast as they did on every situation so far.
You are trying to explain that to people that don't watch/care about NJPW and only know Vince/WCW way of booking.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts