Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
C Mac G
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He noted this on the radio show this morning, the show is literally going to be the Wrestlers coming up with storylines and promos, and Tony Khan having the final say of approval on everything.

Could be an absolute train wreck, but it's exciting nonetheless, it's definitely going to be a different style of show than we've seen before.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
A Rhodes have carte blanche booking power for a wrestling show on TNT :done I've seen this play out before, and it doesn't have a happy ending.

Here's hoping this works out

·
Banned
13,306 Posts
I honestly don't fully believe this. I believe that wrestlers have some freedom, ie no script, but surely there's got to be someone pulling the strings on storylines.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Sounds like WCW.

Get Russo in. Let's have AEW be the fun car crash tv show, as opposed to the wrestling show NXT will put on. I know I'd rather see segments, promos and angles than just vanilla matches. Car crash shit tv draws.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Can't imagine it. It's probably Meltzer attention whoring again and trying to establish himself as an AEW insider.

What a hack. But you know all the hillbillies out there will gobble it right up.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Meh. I don't see how is it any different from Vince rewriting every episode of RAW and Smackdown 15 minutes before airing anyway.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,921 Posts
I have a hard time believing that Tony Kahn knows so little about business as to think that letting the inmates run the asylum is a good strategy.

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
I like the idea of my having writers and being ran with a traditional Booker but pro wrestling is full of egos no matter the company and I just hope Tony Khan will be assertive enough to make sure the inmates don't end up running the asylum like Kevin Nash and friends did in WCW

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hmmmm this is gonna be interesting.. But it could be a disaster on the long run no ?

On short terms + Promo it could be really great but i don't think that every wrestler on that roster got what it takes to ''manage'' a long-term Storyline.

Hope that i'm wrong, anyway i'll be listening !!!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
WWE basically doesn't have writers either, since Vince re-writes the shows all the time.

I look at it this way. AEW has only been around for a short time and only had a few shows, but I find their product much more interesting than WWE at the moment.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
Sounds like WCW.

Get Russo in. Let's have AEW be the fun car crash tv show, as opposed to the wrestling show NXT will put on. I know I'd rather see segments, promos and angles than just vanilla matches. Car crash shit tv draws.
Sounds like WCW yet you then suggest to bring in Russo???

·
Registered
11,812 Posts
Sounds like WCW.

Car crash tv really drew in WCW 2000-01 or WWE in 2003-04 or TNA in 2010-14.

Nxt has plenty of promos, segments, angles and over the top characters. The idea it's just a bunch of matches is weird

·
Southern Pride
3,538 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised if this is true considering Khan hired active wrestlers to help run his wrestling business.

This either will be a train wreck or end up being great because of the freedom they have. Depends on who it is. It's one thing doing PPVs once every several months, it's another when having shows every week.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts