Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Re: Melina vs Layla (or Michelle McCool) – Championship Unification Match

Thank god for this match. I couldn't care less about who wins just as long as there is only one divas title

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

For the first time in a really long time, Vince and Jesus answered our prayers lol.

·
lyfe
8,846 Posts

Melina will win because they wouldn't retire the Diva's Title after being in existence for only two years.

It's a shame, really, because the Women's Title is historic and is probably far more symbolic for the women's wrestler (not that we care, lolol). It's almost like having a WWE Title/World Heavyweight Title unification match, with the World Heavyweight Champion wining (although that would be far more serious).

·
Premium Member
43,604 Posts

Well that's one useless title getting the heave ho!

TNA, take a cue from this and get rid of the KO Tag Titles.

As for this, I don't give a shit, but if Laycool goes over...good God almighty those two will be on both shows regularly....shoot me.

·
lyfe
8,846 Posts

Well that's one useless title getting the heave ho!

TNA, take a cue from this and get rid of the KO Tag Titles.

As for this, I don't give a shit, but if Laycool goes over...good God almighty those two will be on both shows regularly....shoot me.
Sure, Laycool can get pretty annoying at times. But a little bit of 'comedy' (using that word loosely) doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts

Melina will beat Michelle McCool for the Divas Championship and Women's Championship in a lumberjack match at Night of Champions.

·
Premium Member
43,604 Posts

Sure, Laycool can get pretty annoying at times. But a little bit of 'comedy' (using that word loosely) doesn't hurt.
I'm fine with comedy as long as its actually, you know, funny. But most of the time in the WWE, it isn't and Laycool is no exception.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

Michelle has this in the bag. To think otherwise is just living in denial. I wonder if they're also going to fire half of the Divas? Do they really need 20 useless slags to fight over one title?

·
Registered
242 Posts

I hope they keep the Womens Championship, they can redesign the belt if they want, hell it can be in the shape of a vag for all i care, but it would be a shame to unify the Womens Championship into the Divas...

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

The divas belt is staying, mostly due to the design and the name. WWE doesn't give two craps about lineage and history. If they did, the women's title would have never been broken in half on Smackdown in the first place. It's a shame, because I take that belt more seriously due to how it brought women's wrestling to the forefront in the mainstream again with Trish Stratus, Lita, Mickie James, and Victoria at the helm.

But how fitting the joke title sticks around to represent the joke "divas" WWE hires. The Divas belts looks like something you'd find in the toy aisle at K-Mart that lights up and comes with a make-up kit. It's more marketable, and that's what WWE goes for with belts these days. I wouldn't be surprised to see the other belts in the company go this direction, but I'm telling you now, if the WHC gets redesigned I'm quitting WWE.

Sidenote, I love Layla, I'd love to see her win but it just ain't happening.

~paq

·
Registered
984 Posts

I want Layla to win both belts, she deserves as the improvement she made. ;)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

Glad they're unifying the belts, but I hope they're redesigning the belt to replace the broken Womens Title, and not sticking with that goddamn Bratz accessory known as the Divas Title.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

I hope they keep the Womens Championship, they can redesign the belt if they want, hell it can be in the shape of a vag for all i care, but it would be a shame to unify the Womens Championship into the Divas...

I'm afraid that's what they're going to do though. They'll keep the Divas title as it fits with the current era. :(

The Fabulous Moolah is rolling over in her grave.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts

Hopefully laycool go over because they're semi entertaining, whereas melina's entirely useless.

·
Registered
343 Posts

I'm pretty sure they will keep the Divas title design, but call it the WWE Women's Championship.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts