Wrestling Forum banner

Will Melina be released?

Melina = future endeavored?

3251 Views 23 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  laugh-out-loud
Not too long ago, one could easily say that at one point, the WWE was vey high on Melina. She won the Divas Title on several occasions, and she was arguably the most popular diva aside from Mickie James, and even when she came back from her injury, she still retained her popularity. But things have changed a lot over the last couple of months. WWE have obviously flipped the switch in her, as proof from the poor send off of her so-called feud with Natalya. As of now, it seems that she will be taking the back burner for a while, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she was released before the year ends.

Thoughts??
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,671 Posts
They turned her heel for no reason, and didn't explain why or let her have much charater. Melina flopped and it's WWE fault. They rushed everything.
I don't like her though, and don't see much use for her lately. She's an okay face and can put people over but no reason to make her champ now. Plus she has a horse face.

· StarStruck
2,072 Posts
If WWE can release Maria and Mickie who were by far the most popular females they had, I doubt they'd cast any aversions to releasing Melina, Its a question of when for me. I don't see her in WWE at all this time next year, She'll probably be in TNA cause you know they'd pick her up straight away like they did with Mickie.

Shame tbh, cause Melina as a heel owns, I loved her work with MNM and her first women's championship run. Her I quit match with Beth was pretty nice too, She doesn't have the same spark anymore tbh.

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts
I'm not a fan.. not at all, but WWE could use her for several things. She has credibility as a multi-time champ so they could use her to put other girls over that they want to try to build.

· pretending to be nice
11,713 Posts
Should she be released? Nope. Never been a big fan, but she's playing heel extremely well, top heel behind LayCool. Will she get released? Yeah probably. Her face run flopped, now they're giving her one more run to put someone over I think.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Mickie and Maria also were trying to go off and do other things that would have more than likely created scheduling conflicts with the WWE. Album promotion is rather time consuming. Plus there wasn't much they could do with Maria (or Mickie for that matter) on the show if she wasn't going to be able to commit all her time to it.

Also there is no hard evidence that Melina bitched and moaned about her turning heel, dirtsheets be damned. All they've said is that she was more enthused about teaming up with JoMo against Ted and Maryse. She claims her twitter was hacked and those tweets were the only two where "she" really complained about being a heel.

She'll probably end up like Victoria or Jillian this time next year... someone that puts over the other talent

· Harley's Circus
2,569 Posts
She won't get fired shes one of the last few divas that actually gets TV time. How you go from the nobodies who aren't on TV like Gail straight to Melina is hilarious. No Diva is truly over in any sense of the word so all you can go by is who is on TV the most.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Melina should've been released years ago.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
What? She's a disaster in the ring, she botches nearly every fucking move.
The truest statement in this thread.

I remember, she had to do two moves to Jillian (her finisher and pin) and she managed to botch one of them.

· Registered
1,996 Posts
No.

Melina is a great wrestler and I think the WWE realise this, despite the shitty booking and Mickie and Maria were released for having music careers outside of the company. The best thing to do, since they botched the heel turn, is forget it happened and put her back with Morrison.

If the WWE can give Eve (who gets no reaction) the title, I don't think they're likely to fire a proven female wrestler like Melina.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.