Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the AEW roster page, it seems like Mel’s contract has not been renewed as her profile has been removed

she hasn’t appeared since the Nightmare Collective and have been doing a lot of indy dates lately

loss of potential? Or expected?

expected for me

edit> seen this or similar crop up in different places

·
Southern Pride
5,579 Posts
The Nightmare collective. That group of Brandi and Amazing Kongs. They portrayed Mel as a fan at first. She gave up all of her hair and joined the group that way.

No surprise that Mel decided to move on when she hasn't really been used much since that group disbanded. Glad that she has other things going on to fill her time so that it's not a huge loss for her.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
20,989 Posts
I assume over the next few months this'll be the norm as I'm sure most of the lower card AEW talent only sign year deals.

And it made sense to renew them last year due to COVID and Khan not being a dick.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
She was in two of the worst AEW women's division matches, including a candidate for THE worst match in AEW history (Brandi & Allie vs. Mel & Penelope in the tag tournament). Absolutely awful. So this works out best for all parties if she's busy elsewhere.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
16,936 Posts
There are going to be a lot of non-renewals you would think. They don’t have time for everyone, even with Elevation.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
She was part of one of the dumbest angles they ever did. The nightmare collective or family or whatever, it wasn't worth remembering. Anything to get Brandi on TV. I loved when Luther showed up and Excalibur acted like everyone knew who he was lol. I'm an AEW mark, but that stable was terrible. Glad they listened to the fans and stopped it.

·
Registered
DEREK CARR IS ALL ELITE/AVALONS #1 FAN
3,770 Posts
Mel

here she is - she was at the start when there wasn't a lot of women on the roster
Big sized girl with Kevin nash level skill lol

Good riddance and there will and should be more non renews as alot of the 1 year contracts will be up soon. Need to trim fat and make room for possible better talents.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts