Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Best Columnist in the World
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure he hopes so.

Former ROH World Hvt. champion Davey Richards says he plans to retire by the end of 2013. “When my contract is up, I’ll be gone,” Richards told Al Castle of Inside Wrestling Magazine. Richards added that “something would have to go drastically wrong” in his life for him to still be wrestling by 2014. Richards made similar comments a few years ago that he would like to retire by the end of 2011.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Too bad McQueen would have most likely succumbed to old age by late 2013.

Woah. I could be taking this the wrong way, but that comment from Richards came off as incredibly douchebaggy.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Thing is he does this as if people would truly care. I imagine he'd be missed for a short while but he has done everything and right now he's at the stage of an indy career that guys like Danielson, Punk and Joe all got to where they had nothing left and went mainstream. Davey has been everywhere and done it all and there just isn't much for him to do, and as great as he is WWE won't take him.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Didn't he "retire" already once? Is he gonna claim retirement every time his contracts up?

Reactions: vivalabrave

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
Too bad McQueen would have most likely succumbed to old age by late 2013.

Woah. I could be taking this the wrong way, but that comment from Richards came off as incredibly douchebaggy.
I'm not sure, myself. I'd probably look on the (somewhat) positive side in him saying that he's getting to the stage in his life that he needs to let the fresh meat take his place and get a fixed grounding in his own personal life (with a more steady, "normal" job) than a "wrestling is teh gay". Though he has stated on many occasion his somewhat disdain for wrestling, so...

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
hehe this was my first thought too when I saw the thread.

Re: Davey - I just don't care. I've learned to not put faith in a Richards match being good and I barely even bother watching them any more. Makes me a happier person.
I'm doing the same with Tiger Mask. Just started watching New Japan again for the first time in awhile and hes fucking awful.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I don't really care about Davey anymore... Btw, speaking of Richards, how would you rate his ROH Title reign? It's been pretty underwhelming, if you ask me.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Only reason he stayed active is because NJPW picked him up and they pay much more than any Indy. They dropped him for poor performances/being an idiot with missed dates and now he can get on with retirement already. I'm fucking sick of reading his name because it's getting up there with the constant mass 2006 Cena hate/love fest, so more power to him.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Only reason he stayed active is because NJPW picked him up and they pay much more than any Indy. They dropped him for poor performances/being an idiot with missed dates and now he can get on with retirement already. I'm fucking sick of reading his name because it's getting up there with the constant mass 2006 Cena hate/love fest, so more power to him.
They did? I haven't got around to following anything up, last I heard it was only assumed that Richards had been dropped by NJPW after the car accident.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
They dropped him because of car accident, yeah, that's what they said, but at the same time Davey's wrestling for ROH, so go figure.

·
Ramble On
11,108 Posts
I don't really care about Davey anymore... Btw, speaking of Richards, how would you rate his ROH Title reign? It's been pretty underwhelming, if you ask me.
Yeah Davey's reign was really pretty bad, in terms of title defenses especially, and only two good matches. Probably behind Lynn's as the worst one I've seen, or enjoyed the least. I completely missed all of Xavier's reign though I heard that was pretty bad.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Well it's over now so I can comfortably say it belongs near the bottom, ahead of maybe Edwards, but maybe not.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts