Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just caught up with mcmg vs gen me match that aired on impact (last week i believe). This was another great match by these tag teams, which is no surprise since mcmg are giving the best matches of the year.

What i found particularly interesting was the way this was shot. The match had a very good (but not that well balenced) mix of close camera shots (which make reaction so fresh) and the traditional wrestling match view.

I was wondering if TNA could balance better the use of the two, do you guys think this could work in impact? could these bring some new perspective to wrestling overall and get more viewers interested?

i'm making these question fully aware of TNA's current creative problem, so let's disregard that.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Neither MCMG nor Young Bucks are remotely good enough to warrant major TV time. They are good enough as the PPV spotfest starters. Nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Neither MCMG nor Young Bucks are remotely good enough to warrant major TV time. They are good enough as the PPV spotfest starters. Nothing more, nothing less.
This may be the most stupid post I've seen on here in a good month or so.

Well done, now off to the WWE forums you go.

All 4 guys are talented enough in the ring to make it happen, Beer money is also an option.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
This may be the most stupid post I've seen on here in a good month or so.

Well done, now off to the WWE forums you go.

All 4 guys are talented enough in the ring to make it happen, Beer money is also an option.
What are you on about? I guess having sensible comments makes me a "WWE mark". I like me some MCMG and Young Bucks, but simply neither of them are main event material in any mainstream promotion. I guess butthurt TNA marks can't handle that much.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
What are you on about? I guess having sensible comments makes me a "WWE mark". I like me some MCMG and Young Bucks, but simply neither of them are main event material in any mainstream promotion. I guess butthurt TNA marks can't handle that much.
Yep, butthurt TNA marks. That's CM Punk in my avatar, if you didn't know.

and his question wasn't main event material, it was changing the way matches are seen and shot and if the McMg's and Bucks can pull it off.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Yep, butthurt TNA marks. That's CM Punk in my avatar, if you didn't know.

and his question wasn't main event material, it was changing the way matches are seen and shot and if the McMg's and Bucks can pull it off.
So I guess me having the avatar of a much better wrestler automatically makes your point invalid or what's your point?

I simply don't see those guys doing big things. Cena did a huge promo this RAW, I doubt MCMG could ever perform anything even half as big as him. All they would do is shout how they finally got their tag team titles, then perform around 300 houndred spots in their matches, somehow win and that's it. Not that it's bad. I have really low expectations for mainstream tag team wrestling so its enough. Dragon Gate and even ROHs tag team division could own those guys so badly it wouldnt be even funny.

·
Registered
371 Posts
. I have really low expectations for mainstream tag team wrestling so its enough. Dragon Gate and even ROHs tag team division could own those guys so badly it wouldnt be even funny.
I dunno man... i love me some Dragon Gate and ROH but teams like Speed Muscle, Knesuka and even The Wolves are just as if not even more "spotty" as the Gunz. Its just that they get a lot more time in their respective companies to put forth a solid match where the Gunz and GenMe dont.

As far as the original post, yeah i think it would be a great idea to incorporate that sort of camera work into their main show. Really anything that would make them stand outside of the - WWE mindset of what a wrestling promotion should be - is a giant plus from me.

Only thing though with it being that close a lot of the guys on the roster would have to tighten up their stuff and try not to communicate as much in the ring or i guess it would expose everything a bit much.

IMO i think it made everything look a bit more legit or believable, and thats what i miss from wrestling these days.

·
Super Moderator
19,329 Posts
I think that opinion is absurd, but you're entitled to it.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
This made me chuckle, but you're entitled to your opinion....but still it is outrageous. E would jump all over these two teams if they had a chance to, but I agree they are more spot monkeys than actual wrestlers.

Generation Me are basically Hardy Boyz, and MCMG are the same pretty much, but they all have tremendous talent in the ring. Gen. Me needs help on the mic, but I have a feeling they will get the straps at FR.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I have really low expectations for mainstream tag team wrestling so its enough. Dragon Gate and even ROHs tag team division could own those guys so badly it wouldnt be even funny.
Funny you should say that, since both these teams were in ROH and kicked ass. Generation Me was in Dragon Gate and held their own wonderfully there.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I think that opinion is absurd, but you're entitled to it.
I am actually a fan of the team, but I guess I made my point pretty blunt. I would love those guys as bigtime players but they always came across to me as PPV starting spotfest guys. I am not one of those "all psychology" fans but I would enjoy them more if they sold their pain a little better. I just don't see guys who barely sell maineventing. I also don't enjoy their overemotional characters currently.

This made me chuckle, but you're entitled to your opinion....but still it is outrageous. E would jump all over these two teams if they had a chance to, but I agree they are more spot monkeys than actual wrestlers.

Generation Me are basically Hardy Boyz, and MCMG are the same pretty much, but they all have tremendous talent in the ring. Gen. Me needs help on the mic, but I have a feeling they will get the straps at FR.
Like I said, I am not talking about their mic skills as a definitive weakness since I find the talent is there. I just don't find them that good in overall delivery. I liked them a lot before their title reign but I feel thass they t the longer it gets, the less they actually prove. I find they have all the talent but just don't utilise it as good as they could. Why not try to make a few more innovative promos like when they feded BMI instead of beeing super-serious all the time, why not sell moves a bit more logically instead of thinking about the next spot they can do. I am by no means a spot-hater, but just a bit more fresh promos and more logical psychology would make them good enough for me to erase my statement.

So far they still remain in that spotfest, generic promo range I was speaking of which I simply don't enjoy. I have never said that they are terrible and I guess my claims of them using that much time aren't very legit since we have guys like Eric Bischoff talking about literally nothing everytime he's on the show, but I just feel that if those guys could improve in those two regions that it would make for better iMPACT segments/PPV matches overall. They don't have to die all 5 seconds just to perform another spot in time.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,975 Posts
I'm all for trying to shoot wrestling without having a hard camera at all. ROH did that really well on HDNet. Dunno if they stopped it eventually, can't remember.

ECW wasn't as heavy on hard cam, as some companies, either. They had all sorts of weird angular shots and closer-than-close-ups.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm all for trying to shoot wrestling without having a hard camera at all. ROH did that really well on HDNet. Dunno if they stopped it eventually, can't remember.

ECW wasn't as heavy on hard cam, as some companies, either. They had all sorts of weird angular shots and closer-than-close-ups.
and the way they did it in reaction last week it gave an interesting perspective to the match. i would like to see TNA try to do this in the show (with the crowd). Perhaps they could start with a test trial in xplosion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts