Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Aliester Black

Votes: 19 40.4%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NXT has gone through a rebuilding process since WrestleMania and it's been for the better. New talent has been introduced whether from the indies or the PC with more to come. In a short amount of time, the 2 standouts at least to me have been Drew McIntyre and Aleister Black.

Drew as we all know got released in 2014. He then grew leaps and bounds as a performer competing for Impact, WCPW, Evolve, etc. He's 6'5". He's a beast of a performer. He has become an all around great performer.

And then we have Black, the former Tommy End obviously. They have rolled out the red carpet for him. Sick entrance. Sick theme song. Sick finisher. Has a dark stoic character and actually plays the part. And since his debut he's been squashing people left and right in impressive fashion.

It seems clear to me that these 2 are being positioned as being the next big faces of NXT. Now, Roode is defending the title against Itami in one week in Chicago. I think we can all say with confidence that Roode's not losing the belt. I think this is all building to a one on one match with Roode facing either Black or McIntyre at Takeover Brooklyn III.

Now, I'm sure some people will say neither for different reasons. But for this thread's sake, who you think will/should be the next NXT Champion? Black or McIntyre?

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
I am just going to have to settle for neither. Roode make for a great NXT Champion. He sells the heel role well and I like it. Adam Cole is coming possibly so I am sure he'll be pushed to the moon once he arrives. Black doesn't need a NXT title in my opinion. Neither does Drew, but since it's why he came back I guess in time he would make sense as NXT champion. I would actually think that Drew would come back for the UK division.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Neither. Should be Adam Cole. Thats a guy you could put the title on within 2 months like they did Owens since he,s just as big of a name as Steen was. Let Roode hold it until then.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Black easily. He's way better in ring. Better character, theme/entrance, etc. One of those guys that don't need to speak, their actions speak for them. Amazing performer overall.

I feel like McIntyre is gonna flop this time tbh. Liked him better before he left WWE.

Also, it seems like Black won't last long in NXT since he was wrestling at WWE live shows recently.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Mcintyre is a much better talent for WWE than Adam Cole anyway. He has everything to be a main eventer on either roster.

I think if they build Black's character right he doesn't need an NXT title before going up (I wouldn't have him lose to the champ either). It'd mean more for Mcintyre.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Honestly I think Black should remain undefeated for a length time and let it go unnoticed like they did with Asuka.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
It seems like neither is currently a heel and my preferred booking has heels holding titles and faces chasing. So I guess whoever becomes a defined heel first. Really digging both of them at the moment though.

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Adam Cole Baybay!

Keep it on Roode until someone worthy gets hot enough to warrant a title reign. Dont just give ppl title reigns for the sake of it.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,605 Posts
Some smart cats in this thread so far :bjpenn

Adam Cole should be the next NXT Champion.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Adam Cole? Absolutely not. Atleast not so soon. Makes no sense.

I think it's pretty clear that McIntyre and Black are set on a collision course and WILL headline some Takeover together for the title. They'll both be NXT Champion- it's just a question of who first.

I think McIntyre should be the first to get it, and have a few successful defenses before Black eventually challenges him for the belt and wins it. If/when Adam Cole arrives, he can win it off them, though I like both McIntyre and Black far more than Cole.

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
I hope WWE goes all in and books a 4 way with Black, Cole, McIntyre & Roode. Just so we have no idea who wins that match :mark:

As far as this question, I say McIntyre should get it first. Cole doesn't need it right away and Black might go to the main roster soon.

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts
How about someone who isn't getting a shot because of his name that was so famous elsewhere and actually had to go through some sort of, you know, "developing" and built his reputation on the show itself?

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,770 Posts
Black easily. He's way better in ring. Better character, theme/entrance, etc. One of those guys that don't need to speak, their actions speak for them. Amazing performer overall.

I feel like McIntyre is gonna flop this time tbh. Liked him better before he left WWE.

Also, it seems like Black won't last long in NXT since he was wrestling at WWE live shows recently.
Funny thing about Black is that he's fantastic on the mic, yet doesn't even need to speak much with his character. People are going get a real eye-opener when he does finally speak though.

He's like a blend of Raven and Punk on the mic.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Me personally i would have to say Black, the guy truly jumps out to me as a star, he's got everything.

Though, Drew would be a great choice as well, he's been woefully underused by WWE in the past, and it'd be good to see him get another shot.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Well it seems like Black is headed up to the main roster sooner rather than later, so Drew is probably the correct answer by default.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
I hope WWE goes all in and books a 4 way with Black, Cole, McIntyre & Roode. Just so we have no idea who wins that match
I would love to see a fatal 4 way or triple threat for the title.

Realistically you'd have Cien in there instead of Cole to take the fall or be the shock winner.

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
I would love to see a fatal 4 way or triple threat for the title.

Realistically you'd have Cien in there instead of Cole to take the fall or be the shock winner.
Cien would be interesting especially if they keep building this storyline of him not caring about his matches and losing the big one (Y)

Realistically you either have one of these guys pinning Roode or some crazy finish that protects everyone and keeps the belt on Roode

How about someone who isn't getting a shot because of his name that was so famous elsewhere and actually had to go through some sort of, you know, "developing" and built his reputation on the show itself?
Is there anyone on the roster currently who even has the momentum to be a legit contender that isn't from the indies? :hmmm

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts
McIntyre or Adam Cole. McIntyre's style would mesh well with Roode's, they would have slobberknockers together. Black doesn't need the NXT title, he's a commodity in himself.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts