Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't understand why he debuted on NXT. It was there when he was fired. His former 3MB friend Jinder Mahal is the current WWE Champion. Prior to leaving the WWE the WWE title was a big deal and it still is. If anything I would have expected McIntyre to debut unexpectedly in the UK division. Imagine him coming in and just destroying Tyler Bate, Drew would look like a giant among children.

The UK division is the hottest new thing going on in the WWE. NXT hasn't been the greatest as of late and I think Drew was really putting the show over more than he should have. A UK Championship would make more sense for Drew McIntyre based off his whereabouts. Drew McIntyre returning with NXT is just far too confusing in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
11,116 Posts
But there isn't a weekly UK show as of yet. Just the special that aired before Takeover and the tournament shows. With its relative lack of star power, NXT definitely needed him more. When they do get a regular UK show going, I wouldn't mind seeing Drew making appearances on it though.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
The UK Show isn’t even a thing at this point. Even guys like Bate and Dunne only made a few appearances on NXT basically just because they’re waiting for this thing to take off.

You don’t sign a guy like Drew who has a name already and as talented as he is and just have him sit around.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
It's probably good for him to be in NXT for now. Bobby Roode should move to the main roster though soon.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think putting him in NXT was a waste. I wish he could have come back to Smackdown and recieved the Jinder push. Equally great size and physique, way more talent. Drew is an absolute star if you do him right.

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts
He wanted to go there. But then again, if he didn't work this hard on the indies they wouldn't even bother resign him.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Victim of WWE's own success.

NXT isn't development anymore. It's the third brand. NXT needs stars present in order to help elevate the actual developmental guys. That is why Joe and Roode (and many others) ended up there first. And that is why McIntyre is there now.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I sometimes bemoan that NXT is no longer a developmental show, so they don't have a developmental show, but then I watch RAW and Smackdown and I don't want my favourites, like Asuka, to go there any time soon..... because I know the booking will suck. Nakamura's booking on Smackdown shows this yet again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts