Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fpalm

In the immortal words of Charlie Brown - good greif...

I hope to god McGillicutty dosen't win Season 2. I'd take Cottonwood over this guy. The LAST thing WWE needs is another bland generational superstar milking their dad's name for all it's worth. Ted DiBiase, Hart Dynasty, and Cody Rhodes have already proven that just because Daddy was the shit back in the day, that dosen't mean you're anything special.

·
Registered
636 Posts
he's been calling his fans that on Twitter ever since like week 2.

And Joe has talent. So does Natalya and Rhodes. But anyway, he's a good talent to have on the roster, imo. He's not really horrible in anything.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
He's decent on the mic and in the ring, but the problem with McGillicutty is that he dosen't stand out - at all. Same goes for Lucky Cannon. His name sticks out, but not in the good way. More like the "WTF?" kind of way.

Kaval sticks out through his short height and ring-skills. Plus he's bald. Bald people are cool.
Alex Riley sticks out through his mic-skills. Anything similar to The Miz is awesome, case closed.
Husky Harris sticks out because he's a fatass. No seriously, the dude could afford to drop some weight.
Eli Cottonwood sticks out because of his size. He also has the "You Gonna Get Raped" look down pat.
Percy Watson sticks out through his look and charisma. He also reminds people of a gay Eddie Murphy.

Lucky Cannon and Michael McGillicutty? Weird names, and that's about it.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
As easy as it is to blame Kofi Kingston for that line. It's actually something that McGillicutty came up with on his own. Although to be fair I'm sure if it was up to him he'd be called Joe Hennig.

Eli Cottonwood sticks out because of his size. He also has the "You Gonna Get Raped" look down pat.
:lmao true

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prepare for the worst. It's inevitable.

It's clear as fucking day the Rare Breed deserves this win and nobody else, but it's going to Hennig.
You're may beright about Henning, but it's also clear as fucking day that constantly making references to Mr. Perfect isn't getting him over with the crowd. By the end of Season 1, Wade Barrett was over with the crowd, and he did it on his own.

But don't count Riley out yet. We both know he'll be in the finals at least. Besides, look what happened after Season 1 - they formed the Nexus. No matter who wins, if Riley is eliminated, this won't be the last we see of him.

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
Yeah, I know Riley is guaranteed a spot on the roster. Even if all the guys aren't kept, like Nexus were, he's still gonna be a keeper. I just have this cynical feeling that nobody other than the winner is gonna be world champion, even though Riley SCREAMS world champion through his vibe and look.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
coles reaction when kofi said it was hilarious.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Amsterdam said:
Ted DiBiase, Hart Dynasty, and Cody Rhodes have already proven that just because Daddy was the shit back in the day, that dosen't mean you're anything special.
I don't know where you get that. Ted DiBiase, Hart Dynasty, and Cody Rhodes have proven time and time again that they deserve their roster spots based on their own merits. Especially Tyson Kidd, who's a first-generation superstar and if you remember correctly, was at first brought on television on his own. Harry Smith joined him later.

Hennig has always stood out to me on NXT. There's a very clear top two, and it's Hennig and Riley. They are far separated from the rest. Hennig especially sticks out because of his astronomical improvements since getting the NXT call. He didn't stand out in FCW at all, and I once said that he'd be lucky to ever get a call-up. Now? Sheesh, he's made me feel dumb for saying that.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
Evo, just curious, where would you place Kaval if you think Hennig and Riley are far and away the top two on the show?

To be perfectly honest regarding Hennig/McGillicutty, he never quite stood out to me in FCW. He was perfectly acceptable in most categories, but he never really caught my attention in any way at all, per se. He's been doing better on NXT in my honest opinion, and I think the pairing with Kofi has created some good groundwork for him.

I'd like to see his character fleshed out more on NXT, and one would hope they let him go full heel before very long, or around the time NXT Season 2 wraps. I have this feeling that he and Kofi could have a very good rivalry with each other once he makes it on to the main roster.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Number four, and that's a close race with Percy Watson because Kaval IS a great wrestler and a great in-ring character; there's no denying that.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Everyone is making a huge deal about his name, and that makes complete sense to me. Most of you are forgetting how much attention you're placing on the name, which in turn is exactly what the WWE creative team wants. Obviously any kind of publicity is solid publicity.

If he wins I think we may see a slow heel turn, where he changes back to his real name. Basically he could say that he didn't need to use his real name because he didn't want to taint the family name while being in some AAA backwoods show, the NXT. Joe Hennig could declare that the name "Hennig" is synonmynous with success, championships, and obviously perfection.

Joe's big problem could be that he feels shouldn't have even had to gone through the NXT. Henning could dispute that he feels that the WWE owes him some time, and it's now! Thus, we start fresh with Hennig's problem with the WWE being that he had to wait, and go through NXT just to get in to the WWE. Ending it all by reminding everyone how he won the NXT. He has tons of potential.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Prepare for the worst. It's inevitable.

It's clear as fucking day the Rare Breed deserves this win and nobody else, but it's going to Hennig.
If he wins it, that will be OK because from what he has showed thus far, he is good enough to be a superstar in WWE.

Riley doesn't need to win this. Just look at him, he's got the look, the in ring skills and the mic skills. He can survive without winnning this and if WWE can't realize that then fuck them

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
If he wins it, that will be OK because from what he has showed thus far, he is good enough to be a superstar in WWE.

Riley doesn't need to win this. Just look at him, he's got the look, the in ring skills and the mic skills. He can survive without winnning this and if WWE can't realize that then fuck them
For you, he's shown to be good enough. For me, he hasn't.

I believe Riley does need to win it. I know all of the tools he possesses, but I'm a cynic. I wouldn't be surprised if everybody failed other than the guy who wins, in fact I expect it. Besides, even if Riley doesn't NEED it, they're essentially competing to see who becomes WWE champion. It shouldn't go to the person who NEEDS it, it should go to the person who DESERVES it.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For you, he's shown to be good enough. For me, he hasn't.

I believe Riley does need to win it. I know all of the tools he possesses, but I'm a cynic. I wouldn't be surprised if everybody failed other than the guy who wins, in fact I expect it. Besides, even if Riley doesn't NEED it, they're essentially competing to see who becomes WWE champion. It shouldn't go to the person who NEEDS it, it should go to the person who DESERVES it.
Wasn't Wade Barrett supposed to be the one that won a WWE title shot, while the others either got released or sent back to FCW? Just saying, WWE is all about expecting the unexpected.

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
Who knows, but all the Nexus members other than Barrett will probably never last anyway. Young, Slater and Otunga have no future. They're doomed. Sheffield doesn't look like he'd go anywhere, but he might be able to scrape by with a monster role for a little bit. Tarver and Gabriel are the only ones who look like they could have steady midcard pushes, but world champion? I don't see it.

If Riley wins NXT, I'll be happy to proclaim him the future of the company, as he should be. If he loses? Phht, I don't know. I just can't see the losers progressing. Riley is the most talented guy on either season, so if anybody could do it, it's him, but I'm keeping my expectations low. Even if he did make it, without that title shot, it's going to take a lot longer than it should and that's unacceptable.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts