Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that a lot of people are thinking Sheamus is getting a de-push to midcard level due to his up and coming feud with Daniel Bryan?

People have been looking for Bryan to be put into more serious roles recently so maybe this is the start of a push for him in the same way Sheamus was used to springboard Morrison. The WWE couldnt have Bryan feuding with a big ME'er just yet like Orton Cena or Punk so maybe putting him in against a low end ME'er like Sheamus can ease him in. Add the US title to the mix and it might even make the belt look a bit more relevant.

I understand that Sheamus has been jobbing to the likes of Henry recently but I think this is being done so he can go off and find his aggresive side again and come back sronger for the RTW?

Just a thought....

· Registered
3,857 Posts
It does seem like a step down but that's because they gave him 2 title runs and a KOTR win so early in his career now anything he does seems like a step down. The feud/matches with Morrison were good so the matches with DB should be too but I hope he doesn't win the title. I can't imagine Shaemus being around for years and not getting stale if they keep giving him all of these accolades, this is only his second year.

· Registered
5,737 Posts
yeah, losing to the "World's Strongest C.H.U.D." can be embarrassing but the WWE is doing a tired old gimmick.

The wrestler loses many matches in a row, thus causing the wrestler to "change". He then comes back better than ever.

The first time I noticed it was in WCW with Chris Jericho. They had him lose 5 weeks in a row, getting more and more frustrated. He "changes" and then proceeds to jump start his career until what it is now. What is funny is that the WWE was about to do the same thing with Chris Jericho last year.

The feud with Daniel Bryan MIGHT just turn Sheamus into learning more holds so that he's a bigger threat or he might turn face.

BTW, just how low are they going to sink the US and Intercontinental titles? The holders lose regularly now, but never defending them. They're now props like the king of the ring crown.

Speaking of which..go back to when Harley Race was the KOTR winner. Except for a couple of exceptions, the kings seem to lose a lot more often after getting the crown. When Haku(King Tonga, Meng, and about a hundred others)won the crown, I never saw him win another match....ever. Even in WCW.

· Banned
6,914 Posts
Well being used to springboard midcarders is kinda being depushed tbh, the fact that HHH has come back and completely ignored the guy who shelved him for about 9 months is a pretty big indication that he is getting depushed.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
a clean loss to cool aid is gonna diminish his credibility somewhat
It wasn't clean, Sheamus took of the turnbuckle and Henry ran into him. People are overreacting about the loss, imo.

I have heard a rumor though that Sheamus' head became to big as a result of his push (ie. MVP, Swagger, Melina etc.), so WWE is punishing him. I would love to see Daniel Bryan go over Sheamus at Mania though to raise his credibility.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Because he is getting a de-push, lol. He's not being punished by Kevin Dunn or whatever other nonsense the dirtsheets are throwing out, though. Reality of the situation is just that they gave him a shot, he failed, like Swagger. CM Punk and The Miz are better than him by such a high margin that it would've been unjust if Sheamus had remained in the spot he was in going into WrestleMania, so they had to bring him down. Big deal, he's at the position on the card now that his level of talent warrants.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Because he is getting a de-push, lol. He's not being punished by Kevin Dunn or whatever other nonsense the dirtsheets are throwing out, though. Reality of the situation is just that they gave him a shot, he failed, like Swagger. CM Punk and The Miz are better than him by such a high margin that it would've been unjust if Sheamus had remained in the spot he was in going into WrestleMania, so they had to bring him down. Big deal, he's at the position on the card now that his level of talent warrants.
I heard what you're saying about the dirtsheets. But isn't what you just wrote speculation too? Correct me if I'm wrong.

· Registered
2,365 Posts
Sheamus as the US champ wouldnt be a bad thing at all for all concerned, provided it was booked right. If he wins the belt and holds it for a while, and actually DEFENDS it, then the WWE can use him to test out up and coming faces without having to give out WWE title shots like candy. A long reign from Sheamus elevates the value of the belt again, so when someone goes over him, its a big deal.

Naturally, this wont happen and he will drop the belt to Hornswoggle or some equally stupid crap, but we can hope.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
Sheamus is getting a de-push. This isn't just a case of them giving Daniel Bryan more attention by having him feud with Sheamus, if it was...they would have actually given a damn about Bryan on RAW for the past couple of months. Besides, if it was designed to push Bryan, would they not want Sheamus a least looking a bit credible? He just lost clean to Mark Henry...Cody Rhodes beat Mark Henry clean.

I don't know why either, Sheamus is great and did the most with the opportunity he was given. I hope that after Wrestlemania he gets drafted over to Smackdown where he returns to the main event.

· Registered
267 Posts
Kevin Dunn apparently has a good deal of power backstage and doesn't like Sheamus.

HHH is one of Sheamus' workout buddies and is a big fan of Sheamus.

HHH>Kevin Dunn

They pushed Sheamus too fast considering they apparently didn't know how to book him in the climate of WWE at the time. As HHH begins to take over more of the behind-the-scenes powers, I have a feeling the booking of performers like Sheamus will get better.

wk

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
He is getting de-pushed. Now, given that after your first real feud is for the WWE title and that is where you have spent the majority of your short career thus far, the only way to go after that is down. Nobody can be in the spotlight all the time. However, they could have handled things SO much better and not stripped him of every bit of credibility they worked so hard to give him the year prior.

I wanted to see HHH/Seamus blow off their feud but in all honesty, how could they have possibly done that with the way they have booked Seamus these past few months? He looks like a fucking joke. It wouldn't have been believable at all for Trips to come back and not be able to beat him when Santino, JoMo, Henry and everybody else can.

Fact is, they used him to get Morrison over and it has worked. Just shows how much credibility he did have before they jobbed him out. How many guys are able to get somebody over after having only been in the company for such a short space of time? But now JoMo is over and they have ruined Seamus to do so. It's fucking ridiculous because I don't see them going the full way with him either and they will only have ruined 2 people instead of 1.

Bleh, WWE's booking for its supposed 'future' gives me headaches. They couldn't make somebody look credible if their life depended on it and its fucking retarded as hell.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,782 Posts
I find depush is an over exageration. It's not like he's going to be relegated to mid-card hell for life. Hell, when Triple H won the I.C title in 2001 he didn't exactly get depushed, or Chris Jericho in 2009. It's just that things like this tend to happen to people. Sheamus might still be kept relevant. Also, if he wins the I.C title then all he has to do is win a tag title to become a triple crown champion. I find that to be a pretty cool achievement anyway

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
I find depush is an over exageration. It's not like he's going to be relegated to mid-card hell for life. Hell, when Triple H won the I.C title in 2001 he didn't exactly get depushed, or Chris Jericho in 2009. It's just that things like this tend to happen to people. Sheamus might still be kept relevant. Also, if he wins the I.C title then all he has to do is win a tag title to become a triple crown champion. I find that to be a pretty cool achievement anyway
When these two won the IC title they were already established stars. Seamus is still in the process of being 'made' so to speak and they completely screwed it up. Right now he barely even looks at US Title level and he's a former WWE Champion FFS. That's how badly they have fucked up.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
He's probably just undergoing a variation of the "MVP losing streak" angle leading to him being turned face by Memorial Day and being "re-pushed" as a monster babyface. His cheating ways cost him his match with Mark Henry, a red flag that WWE is looking to slowly turn Sheamus face, since one of their favorites MOs is to display a heel's nefarious means as getting them nowhere before gradually turning them.

Hilariously, it reminds me of last October when Sheamus absolutely demolished Daniel Bryan in a non-match beatdown and poster after poster said it was Bryan's burial. Flash forward four months, Sheamus loses to Mark Henry, everyone says he's been buried and who does he bump into backstage? Daniel Bryan. Oh it's so delicious, fella!

· Registered
2,515 Posts
I've heard rumors that he has been pushed down due to Kevin Dunn (one of WWE's producers) flat out not liking him. Not sure how much credibility there is here.

Anyway,

He definately has been pushed down. To go from WWE Champion, feuding with Cena, Triple H and Orton, to contending for the midcard title on your brand is definatley a step down.

BUT...I think this is good for him. I think that him and Daniel Bryan will put on a great feud and possibly a show stealing match at Mania (maybe). I think this will do Sheamus good in the long run.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,782 Posts
When these two won the IC title they were already established stars. Seamus is still in the process of being 'made' so to speak and they completely screwed it up. Right now he barely even looks at US Title level and he's a former WWE Champion FFS. That's how badly they have fucked up.
So if he's still being made, then it shouldn't matter that he's lost to acouple of matches because he's still not there yet and can't be getting depushed. I mean he's still on the same level he was a year ago. Maybe he might not be challenging for the WWE title but then again, when he was challenging, he was basically the same as he is now. Nonetheless, WWE still keep him relevent and unlike guys like Ted Debiase and Jack Swagger, he's still showing progress. Again as I said before, this is just one of those stale periods some wrestlers go through. He'll be back on his feet in no time.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.