Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first time poster here. I haven't really followed wrestling that well ever since the demise of Wcw but the whole story involving Sting joining WWE has really caught my eye. I'm seriously wondering if there isn't some plan buried in this whole saga. Tna removing Sting from the roster has got me thinking if Tna are looking to kind of ruin wrestlemania by doing this? Tna removing him would seriously spark rumours (which it certainly has) BUT they could have already agreed a contract with Sting but are not letting on? It's a great plan in my eyes. Fans would get excited by the prospect of sting being in wwe, then get all hyped up for wrestlemania but then Tna drop the bombshell of Sting signing a contract, thus dissapointing fans a great deal and possibly decrease the ratings of wrestlemania? It's a theory and i'm pretty sure i'm not alone in thinking this. Bischoff always looked for ways to ruin WWE/F shows, one way was revealing results of the matches. Did backfire though lol.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Hi, first time poster here. I haven't really followed wrestling that well ever since the demise of Wcw but the whole story involving Sting joining WWE has really caught my eye. I'm seriously wondering if there isn't some plan buried in this whole saga. Tna removing Sting from the roster has got me thinking if Tna are looking to kind of ruin wrestlemania by doing this? Tna removing him would seriously spark rumours (which it certainly has) BUT they could have already agreed a contract with Sting but are not letting on? It's a great plan in my eyes. Fans would get excited by the prospect of sting being in wwe, then get all hyped up for wrestlemania but then Tna drop the bombshell of Sting signing a contract, thus dissapointing fans a great deal and possibly decrease the ratings of wrestlemania? It's a theory and i'm pretty sure i'm not alone in thinking this. Bischoff always looked for ways to ruin WWE/F shows, one way was revealing results of the matches. Did backfire though lol.
That's exactly what I thought. With this being said TNA should capitalize on that and announce that Sting will be back for march 3, Impact in Fayetteville! I think TNA will really beneficit of all this hype around Sting.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
But what would they gain? Hopefully they know by now that they accomplish nothing by attempting to compete with the WWE at this stage so attempting to undermine Wrestlemania would achieve very little.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see it as tna trying to actually properly compete with WWE as i agree that it would be absolutley ludicrous to compete. Some WWE fans are growing tired of the watered down, Pg stuff wwe dishes out and maybe the dissapointment of not seeing Sting at WM would be the last straw? Hwich could lead to an exodus of fans, maybe jump ship and watch Tna? I did say it was a theory and is always open to discussion :) I just thought this would be a sort of thing Bischoff would try and do, no matter how little it benefits Tna

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
I thought he re-signed with TNA several weeks ago. Well, if he isn’t on WWE TV in a few weeks, you can bet your bottom dollar that he has re-signed with TNA.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Nobody in pro-wrestling entertainment (all brands) nowadays is clever and long-term thinking enough to create such a trap in order to hurt another company.

It can only happen by chance and WWE won't be even scratched. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
to be honest... TNA should actually try and get sting 100% under contract before doing any hype... i won't like it when it turns out it was a lie and they will put someone else to again "swerve" the audience

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,021 Posts
If Sting isn't appearing at WM then why would TNA take his profile down? Surely you'd want to take advantage of the current hype, by having him on your website, thus driving traffic towards it.

Plus, if Sting and TNA were going to carry on working together, why would they let his contract run out, thus handing him the opportunity to sign a WWE deal? That would be terrible business practice.

All roads lead to Atlanta, no matter how many wacky conspiracy theories you come up with. Either that or TNA management are retarded beyond belief.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts