Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
– The May 18 episode of WWE SmackDown garnered a 1.81 cable rating with 2,803,000 viewers. The previous week’s show drew a 1.7 cable rating, with 2,530,000 viewers.

Fella's reign pulling in some horrible ratings. Anyways, screw the World title, Fella can have that shit as long as he wants. Great Khali will be proud of Fella.

DB is coming for WWE Title. :bryan2

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Why would anyone like Sheamus being champion? I don't blame people for not wanting to watch.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Better than last week by a bit but still bad. Funny how people are blaming Sheamus, when in reality its the atrocious booking and barrage of RAW recaps.

·
The WWE needs more cowbell....
376 Posts
Sigh, another ratings thread to either hate on wrestler X or big up wrestler Y......

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yup Sheamus is singlehandedly the cause of poor ratings, and totally not all the filler matches, lack of star power and compelling story telling...

Nope, none of that, it's just Sheamus' fault.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Well looking at the main event, that'll explain it all. Good match, though.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I still watch Smackdown but it's been on the decline for a long while. I would be more into Smackdown if Alberto Del Rio was Champion. I'm not even a Del Rio fan, but he's better than Sheamus by a long shot...in my opinion.

I know one person doesn't bring down the ratings. But please no more Sheamus and Orton title reigns. Give someone else a shot and more people might start watching.

And.....NO MORE RECAPS! More wrestling!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Right, because people only watch or don't watch wrestling because of the world champion. BOOOOOO!!!!! SHEAMUS U SUK!!!1111

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
This seems to correspond just right with the general trend of viewership decline since Wrestlemania season wrapped up with Lesnar breaking Triple H's poor arm. Raw is just staying above four million viewers at the moment.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
How can you say that the champion doesn't bring the ratings? Usually the show is booked around the heavyweight champion, more of that can be said of Smackdown more so than RAW. The champion usually has the most time on the show. The ratings absolutely is affected by who the champion is. Nobody has a reason to care about Sheamus, he's never been booked interesting at all. He comes in, Brogue kicks a guy in the face, and wins his match. His matches are usually longer than just that, but the ending is usually the same. He's boring.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Ratings for Smackdown have been this low since Sheamus first debuted on ECW back in 2009 so how could it be his fault? I'm not fan at all and don't wanna see him as champion but the ratings would be low no matter what even if a great champion in the feud of the year with nothing filler on the show. Friday is just a horrible night for tv shows. People with lives don't wanna sit and stair at a tv like they will usually do on a Monday night when they have work the next day and just want to clear their head before they go to bed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts