Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1123 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
19,934 Posts
Rey Fenix vs Kyle O'Reilly is a match that sounds phenomenal on paper!! :D

Adam Page vs Konosuke Takeshita sounds pretty damn good, especially knowing that the latter aligned himself with Kenny Omega briefly last year.

It's always a treat (personally for me) to see Britt Baker in action :love:

I'm personally hoping that the joker for the men's side is either Claudio Castagnoli (aka Cesaro) or Johnny Gargano, and that the joker for the women's side is either Athena or Nixon Newell :)

I'd LOVE to see Candice LeRae as the female joker, but I don't really expect to see her return to action anytime soon since she's still a new mother atm.

·
Butter My Arse
13,112 Posts
The Regal/Jericho tete-a-tete should be absolute gold. It’s rare we get to see Regal in a promo confrontation with a top heel so should be entertaining.

Is it possible Miro could return as the Joker? They’d book themselves into a huge corner though so maybe not…

·
Registered
235 Posts
Takeshita vs. Hangman? Oh, I am in.

No idea who the jokers will be. And I don't even know if they will even be full time wrestlers or just people drafted in to be one and dones. So for example, we may see Claudio come in to be the joker to face Joe, but it doesn't mean he's officially signed, just coming in to put on a great match. Though I'd easily just take Miro, as someone on the roster, who destroys Joe and makes a statement. Though I also wouldn't rule out a NJPW talent with the Forbidden Door PPV coming up. I am just hoping it's not Gargano, who then makes it all the way to the final to face Adam Cole. I've seen enough of that. Though maybe it's someone with some kind of link to Owen? Jushin Liger? Harry Smith?

In terms of the women's joker? Well, they're not going to be beating Britt Baker, so I am not sure it's smart to debut a new star here like Athena. Therefore I am pretty stumped on who it could be.

·
Registered
*coin drop*
10,268 Posts
Hangman vs. Takeshita and Fenix vs. KoR could both be top-level TV matches if given the right amount of time. Takeshita is sticking around for a year so I expect him to get a really good showing. Darby vs. Cole should also be really good. I have a sneaking suspicion Cole vs. KoR could be the tournament final with KoR winning it.

As for the jokers, Athena is from Texas so is a very good chance especially given the dearth of big name female free agents. Taya Valkyrie is another option, she's back working IMPACT but non-contracted I believe.

The male free agent could be one of many. Claudio 'Cesaro' Castagnoli is the first name as he and Joe faced off in ROH and WWE, and could have a very physical match together.

But there are a ton of free agents or non-exclusive talents out there such as JONAH (Bronson Reed), Harry Smith (Hart family connection), Tom Lawlor, Josh Barnett, James Storm, John Morrison and Johnny Gargano. I feel like JONAH would be an interesting choice since physically he is similar to Joe. New Japan's Super Jr. tour will have kicked off next week, but a lot of the heavyweights don't work those shows, so a NJPW guy isn't impossible (but I'd be saving them for Forbidden Door).

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
The Regal/Jericho tete-a-tete should be absolute gold. It’s rare we get to see Regal in a promo confrontation with a top heel so should be entertaining.

Is it possible Miro could return as the Joker? They’d book themselves into a huge corner though so maybe not…
It's not really a corner. They already teased Lethal and his ROH crew costing Joe the match. I think Joe will lose this match regardless of who the joker is.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Wardlow has to go totally opposite the Cody' lashes and instead of making it a cringe-fest - just look MJF in the eye and take them like a boss
So what you're saying is that Wardlow should be vaguely turned-on by the lashes, and gaze lovingly into MJF's eyes when he takes them? That might actually pull in a new demographic: S&M enthusiasts! ;)

Anyways, I wish they wouldn't book quarter-final and semi-final matches on the same night. It's setting my OCD off. Heh.

·
The House of Black Always Wins.
19,569 Posts
Wardlow has to go totally opposite the Cody' lashes and instead of making it a cringe-fest - just look MJF in the eye and take them like a boss

then proceed to destroy more security and Spears for good measure
I'm definitely expecting something different. Given that they are purposely going back to the Cody trials in kayfabe, I think Wardlow just wrecks him.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I really want to see Samoa Joe eventually feud with the top of the AEW card. I think he’s better than being in the ROH feuds or even in Owen cup.

Joe has the intensity and seriousness very few other guys in AEW have.

·
Premium Member
14,014 Posts
So what you're saying is that Wardlow should be vaguely turned-on by the lashes, and gaze lovingly into MJF's eyes when he takes them? That might actually pull in a new demographic: S&M enthusiasts! ;)

Anyways, I wish they wouldn't book quarter-final and semi-final matches on the same night. It's setting my OCD off. Heh.
Lol. Have Jade give lashes to Mark Sterling after he costs her a match and then you’ll see real new fans.

1 - 20 of 1123 Posts