Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you guys think of Maven i think he had like a 4 year stint from 2001-2005/6 ish idk but i gotta say he's one of the most blandest wrestlers I remember watching as a kid fuck was his gimmick anyway 馃ぃ

Registered
He came in to his own around October 2004 time. He got in better shape, he was getting more comfortable in his promos and he was having fun when he turned heel. Unfortunately for whatever reason he was the butt of all Internet jokes at the time and there was a portion of the audience that was never going to embrace him.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He came in to his own around October 2004 time. He got in better shape, he was getting more comfortable in his promos and he was having fun when he turned heel. Unfortunately for whatever reason he was the butt of all Internet jokes at the time and there was a portion of the audience that was never going to embrace him.
He just give me living CAW vibes

Banned
Maven was extremely over during the tail end of the Attitude era from Mid 2001-early 2002 with Tough enough, his debut and then the Hardcore division.

He was at his peak with the Hardcore division & 24/7 rule.

He had a great moment with the Rumble eliminating Taker and kicked off the Rock/Taker NWO 2002 feud, while having one of the biggest nights of the hardcore title division and 24/7 rule at Wrestlemania 18.

Once they split the roster however and took him away from the Hardcore title he lost his heat, he had one more little push with Triple H in 04, but that was forgettable and he was never as over as he was in 2001/early 2002 and he was a really really over midcard guy during that time, it鈥檚 like history has written him out.

was working as Bouncer in NYC for a bit, now is a stock broker
Yep, here鈥檚 a pic of me and Maven at the bar in 2nd or 3rd ave that he was bouncing for back in 2012/2013, I looked at him like 5 times before to confirm it was him before approaching lol:

I also saw Shane McMahon at the 7 line back in 2009, no pic though.

Registered
I really liked him and thought he was misused. He should have been a ten year mid carder who pops up into the main event from time to time.

Registered
Generic, especially coming off of all of the great characters in the Attitude Era. Solid look, got in really good shape around 2004-2005. Decent worker, good athlete, mediocre mic worker, had a bit of charisma, had some babyface fire. I thought he did decent in his role as a rookie/underdog. He probably wasn't ready for prime time, should have been in developmental for at least 2-3 years but they wanted to capitalize off of his exposure on Tough Enough. Seemed to be coming into his own as a babyface in late 2004, actually main evented the Survivor Series 2004 PPV on team Orton. His heel turn in early 2005 basically killed him, he was completely done after that. I'll always remember him spliting Gene Snitsky eye open accidently at SS 2004 and the receipt chair shot Snitsky gave him after, good lord.

Registered
I thought he was super underrated. all the people saying he was too generic, he literally went from Tough Enough to main roster with no NXT or developmental. still, he was getting good I remember he was really getting good when he became a heel, he improved his look, he had a new snobby, arrogant attitude and I was excited to see more of them. Then he left right around that time which is a shame he didn't continue his wrestling career, he was coming around.

Registered
His theme song was one of the all time greats.

Him eliminating Undertaker was a big moment only because of the way JR sold it.

Registered
His theme song was one of the all time greats.

Him eliminating Undertaker was a big moment only because of the way JR sold it.
The crowd went bullshit crazy when it happened. JR didn't need to sell it because everyone was in such shock when it happened.

Premium Member
I actually agree with this. By late 2004 it was too late for audience perception but he was definitely growing as a performer by then. I totally forgot he had that run until I got to it in my RAW re-watch a while back.

Maybe a name or gimmick change could have helped.

Registered
The crowd went bullshit crazy when it happened. JR didn't need to sell it because everyone was in such shock when it happened.
No. JR's call made it from a one time buzz to a thing that's still remembered to this day. Big difference.

Registered
I actually agree with this. By late 2004 it was too late for audience perception but he was definitely growing as a performer by then. I totally forgot he had that run until I got to it in my RAW re-watch a while back.

Maybe a name or gimmick change could have helped.
he was a fun low level heel he used to hang out with Simon Dean. he was better as a heel than a face to me

also the dubbed version of his theme on the WWE network sucks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts