Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I wasnt around forums during his run but I just got finished watching Tough Enough on the network for the first time since it aired. I remember on the show thinking he had potential(compared to the other contestants). The only memory I have of him on wwe is eliminating the undertaker in the rumble for a huge pop and then winning the hardcore title from him as well. How was his received by fans after that? Did he ever improve or get a good run before being released?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
He had an interesting moveset and an beautiful dropkick. He also had a World Title against Triple H on a RAW after Survivor Series. Sadly, in his final run he became Simon Dean assistant and was a jobber until released. I think that he could be better utilized.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I remember his brief push in 2004 as part of 'Team Orton'. Thought he could have gone places. Him eliminating Taker at the Rumble was a mark out moment, even from someone like myself who has always been a Taker mark.

Guy had a great dropkick too I must say.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He had an interesting moveset and an beautiful dropkick. He also had a World Title against Triple H on a RAW after Survivor Series. Sadly, in his final run he became Simon Dean assistant and was a jobber until released. I think that he could be better utilized.
Just saw it on youtube. that was actually pretty fun to see. never thought he would win though :lol

Maven was okay for me, but I backed Nowitzki.
I liked him too so decided to look him up recently, I had no idea about his on-going concussion issues. Scary stuff.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
maven hells yeah he still has a GOAT theme

I remember his 2004 push it was because of the return of tough enough and the WWE wanted to show everybody "hey if you try out for the show you could end up like him" despite the fact he hadn't been on tv in over a year and hardly anyone knew or cared who he was. and the fact they released him a few months later, and the show sucked causing it to disappear for 7 years.

all in all not a great idea.

but he will always have this

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maven hells yeah he still has a GOAT theme

I remember his 2004 push it was because of the return of tough enough and the WWE wanted to show everybody "hey if you try out for the show you could end up like him" despite the fact he hadn't been on tv in over a year and hardly anyone knew or cared who he was. and the fact they released him a few months later, and the show sucked causing it to disappear for 7 years.

all in all not a great idea.

but he will always have this

His theme song still holds up as one of the better ones Ive heard on the show. & your right he always has that moment. It's one of the only things I remembered about him post tough enough, that probably goes for many others too

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
There was a rumor of him replacing Orton as the 4th member of Evolution.

Anyone remember him calling HHH "numbnuts" in a backstage skit? Can't find it...

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
His whole image basically screams generic. Just so damn bland.

Although I'll admit I marked when he eliminated Taker in 02! I was a Taker fan but god that was such a shocker and I loved it.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Lucky bastard had a storyline where he was in a hospital and Torrie Wilson visited him and they made out.

Then Tajiri came looking and shit went down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts