Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Re: Mauro Ranallo put on a masterclass tonight

He belongs in boxing. Something about his voice just fits the pace of it. For wrestling, He sounds fucking terrible and overly forced.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts

lol that puts anything Michael Cole's done to shame. It's a farce that Vince wanted Mauro to sound more like that chode Michael Cole who is an absolutely horrible announcer and he always has been...despite people making excuses for him.

·
Registered
21,618 Posts

WWE wouldn't come close to selling out Wembley unless 90% of attendees come from overseas, WWE is pretty much dead in the U.K. Because of Vinces refusal to let a British wrestler become world champion and he's had plenty of opportunities to do so. Wade Barrett was the one that really got away.
Are you mad?!

Let's say WWE can somehow fit in 100,000 (I'm going bigger, to be fair to your maths.) That means 90% is 90,000 (the ones you say are coming from overseas) with only 10,000 from the UK...

WWE sell more than 10,000 tickets to random house shows over here. WWE could easily sell out Wembley (even at an inflated 100,000) with the majority of those in attendance being from the UK.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts

That match was fucking great.

He never suited the WWE style. He's more like a sports commentator. WWE needs people like JBL, King, Cole to bring personality and banter, to tell stories and have a little fun. Mauro is too serious and boring, always felt awkward there
:ha

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Made me happy to see Mauro get that gig. Good that hes back on his feet. Such a shame WWE lost him because of petty BS though.
Get the gig? The guy has been ab oxing commentator for years and US wise I think he has worked on Showtime for a long, long time.

this is the reason I was always down on Mauro's WWE work. He never once showed the same passion as he shows on boxing. He is back where he needs to be.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,487 Posts

Best heavyweight fight I've watched in a long time. Massive respect to both guys.

As for Mauro, he's one of the very best when calling boxing or MMA. Something about his announcing style doesn't translate well to pro wrestling IMO. Maybe it's because the excitable, urgent tone of voice he's known for is actually authentic when the likes of Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson are beating the hell out of each other. It's surely much harder to replicate that authenticity when Randy Orton is walking around the ring slowly, stepping on people's hands and making bored faces.

I'm a huge Mauro fan, but he wasn't a good fit for WWE. I'd much rather see him go to UFC and take over play-by-play duties there so we don't have to listen to Jon Anik or Todd Grisham anymore. Pretty sure Ranallo and Rogan are good friends, so I'd imagine they'd have a good dynamic.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts

Put JBL the talentless hack on Talking Smack where he can talk all the Smack he wants, and Mauro can do the job that was meant for him, cause no one wants fucking Muggle Cole-like announcing, with Kevin Dunn's hand so far up Cole and Tom's ass that they are more puppet than men.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Incredible fight, WWE...come to Wembley and smash their attendance.
WWE wouldn't come close to selling out Wembley unless 90% of attendees come from overseas, WWE is pretty much dead in the U.K. Because of Vinces refusal to let a British wrestler become world champion and he's had plenty of opportunities to do so. Wade Barrett was the one that really got away.
I really doubt that having a British champion would be the difference between selling out Wembley and not.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

Its alright, guys. We have Cowboy JoeBob, FaceFucker Phillips and other David Otunga on SDL. We are just fine.....

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

I really doubt that having a British champion would be the difference between selling out Wembley and not.
Not now, no champion could get 90,000 English people interested in WWE now. The ship sailed long ago.

It's so far behind Boxing and UFC in the U.K. It's quite sad to see it still limping on U.K television, if I recall correctly Raw doesn't usually get 90,000 viewers in the U.K.

The long term problem of Vince never letting a British wrestler hold the top title was a big part of the death of WWE in the U.K

·
Registered
8,235 Posts

He is okay but he needs to be more like Michael Cole if he really wants to be somebody.

Lol WWE

·
JANUARY 5TH
4,109 Posts

They were lucky that Mauro was a lifelong fan of the business. They can never attract any other on his level.

·
Registered
43 Posts

if I recall correctly Raw doesn't usually get 90,000 viewers in the U.K.

The long term problem of Vince never letting a British wrestler hold the top title was a big part of the death of WWE in the U.K
That's because it's on at 2am in the morning.

The reason for the decline in popularity in the UK is probably the same as everywhere else... The stars left and the product went down the toilet.

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,763 Posts

I can tell you know nothing about depression and bipolar disorder.
Really?

After my little brother died of cancer at the age of 17 I struggled my arse for for a long time with anxiety and depression. I started on Fluoxetine tablets (did not work) then tried Citalopram (did not work) and finally Paroxetine and thankfully over time I dealt with the problem

So tell me Dr Mark Sloan what is your extensive knowledge in the medical field of depression and Bi polar?

:trumpout

·
Registered
358 Posts

Judging by ticket sales for the upcoming UK tour your post is inaccurate.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts