Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Re: Mauro Ranallo put on a masterclass tonight

lets hope his co presenter did not raise his voice and upset little mauro who might take to his bed and cry.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts

Excellent call by Mauro, though I still find the witticisms distracting from his overall style.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

Incredible fight, WWE...come to Wembley and smash their attendance.
WWE wouldn't come close to selling out Wembley unless 90% of attendees come from overseas, WWE is pretty much dead in the U.K. Because of Vinces refusal to let a British wrestler become world champion and he's had plenty of opportunities to do so. Wade Barrett was the one that really got away.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts

Mauro was very good in the WWE, but he's much better calling legit fights with the outcome obviously in question. He's allowed to get excited and drawn in.

If left alone in the wwe by the voice in his ear and the carny shit he could have been this generation's Jim Ross and added specialness and big feel to the epic matches. Cole could never do it, nobody else can come near it currently under contract. Mauro is a legit announcer who was a lifelong wwe fan and thus didn't feel like he was slumming or above pro-wrestling and WWE pissed it all away.
This is a great point. Pro Wrestling will always struggle to find good announcers because its beneath most good announcers. In Mauro though they had one that was a wrestling fan, so he was passionate about it and he didn't feel too good for this carny shit.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

Where i can watch the fight with Mauro's commentary ?

I only got the sky sports version.

·
Registered
509 Posts

He never suited the WWE style. He's more like a sports commentator. WWE needs people like JBL, King, Cole to bring personality and banter, to tell stories and have a little fun. Mauro is too serious and boring, always felt awkward there

21 - 40 of 62 Posts