Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"DOWN GOES KLITSCHKO" "THE WAR AT WEMBLEY".

I hope WWE put on a big PPV at Wembley stadium, it looked fantastic tonight. Made a ton of WWE references too. "This is bigger than WrestleMania" "AJ does it in style!" "MAMMA MIA!"

·
Registered
24,584 Posts
Re: Mauro Ranallo put on a masterclass tonight

And to think, he's not in WWE anymore because of high school level bullshit. Amazing.

Although apparently there were already talks in WWE of bringing him back which I couldn't believe when I saw. And if you're Mauro, why would you even want to come back.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts

Mauro is too good for WWE, the fact that they let him get away cause of such amateur level bullshit is beyond dumbfounding.

Glad to see him back and being amazing at what he does, he enhances ever6 broadcast he's a part of.

·
Registered
11,962 Posts

Mauro was very good in the WWE, but he's much better calling legit fights with the outcome obviously in question. He's allowed to get excited and drawn in.

If left alone in the wwe by the voice in his ear and the carny shit he could have been this generation's Jim Ross and added specialness and big feel to the epic matches. Cole could never do it, nobody else can come near it currently under contract. Mauro is a legit announcer who was a lifelong wwe fan and thus didn't feel like he was slumming or above pro-wrestling and WWE pissed it all away.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts

Made me happy to see Mauro get that gig. Good that hes back on his feet. Such a shame WWE lost him because of petty BS though.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts

Incredible fight, WWE...come to Wembley and smash their attendance.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
18,257 Posts

Mauro really gets you sucked in doesn't he?

I had never heard him outside of a WWE environment but heard great things but that was awesome.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts

I almost forgot it was him. That's how amazing it was really, the entire moment, it just felt right. Stellar job by Mauro. "DOWN GOES KLITSCHKO" and I jump out of my chair screaming.

Reactions: JAROTO

·
Registered
24,584 Posts

Really? Where did you see that?
- Despite Mauro Ranallo officially announcing that he has parted ways with WWE just last weekend, Dave Meltzer reported in the latest edition of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that there is still some talk in WWE about bringing Ranallo back and his returning to the company "is not a dead issue." It was noted that while there have been some early discussion about bringing him back, the talks were said not to be at the serious level.
Here.

·
There's only one of me
1,220 Posts

His passion is combat sports. It's clear as day. He may have been good as a WWE commentator, but you can tell he wasn't at his best.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts

i honestly hope mauro takes that company to the cleaners and rips open that be a star bullshit PR, i would love to see them try to justify what they did while still tour the nation while promoting anti bullying

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts

To think they let him go for JBL fpalm

Reactions: alejbr4

·
Registered
7,900 Posts

What a wonderful commentator! Fire JBL and rehire Ranallo!

It would be awesome if the WWE decided to have WM at Wembley for these comments.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts

His passion is combat sports. It's clear as day. He may have been good as a WWE commentator, but you can tell he wasn't at his best.
kinda had to be passionate about something when a 70 year old out of touch asshole is screaming in your ear while trying to call a match

·
There's only one of me
1,220 Posts

kinda had to be passionate about something when a 70 year old out of touch asshole is screaming in your ear while trying to call a match
Supposedly, Vince has been doing that since the day he (Vince) left commentary. Jim Ross was passionate about it.

I'm sure that didn't help, or JBL's actions, but I just never felt Mauro was comfortable to begin with.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts