Wrestling Forum banner

Matt's promo to AJ...

3246 Views 32 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  USAUSA1
I know I know, its a work and everything. Yeah.

All that aside, did it make any sense at all for Matt Hardy to whine to AJ and talk down to him about how cruel professional wrestling was to him? Matt is a total bust, he is a jobber in the indies talent wise. No charisma, terrible body, mediocre in ring skills. But he was in the WWE and he held titles and was involved in big feuds in the E. He was pushed so far beyond his abilities and work ethic it was insane. Matt Hardy being an upper midcarder is worse than Swagger/Sheamus becoming main eventers overnight the way they did.

Meanwhile, there is AJ Styles. Consummate professional. Loyal to a fault to TNA, at this point in his career he can ride his reputation and history with his company and let himself get out of shape and let his in ring skills waste away. But even though he's getting older he's still working his butt off and keeping in top form. This man is the kind of person you want in your company, whether it be sports, business, or anything. He's the guy who'll go the extra mile. He has a genuine love for this profession, he has an amateur wrestling background, he was one of the original bad asses of ROH. Think about that. He's one of the three guys who had a huge role in building two of the top three wrestling promotions in this world today. The other 2 guys who can say that are Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels. Had he stayed in ROH he would have been a main eventer there and all time great like Bryan Danielson was and is.

Matt needs to shut his mouth and be thankful he is even allowed to be in wrestling. There are so many people out there who work ten times as hard as he does and have ten times as much talent, yet never sniffed the success he has had. He has no right to be bitter whatsoever. Spoiled bitch shouldn't talk down to anyone. Its like a rich, spoonfed beotch bitching about his allowance to a kid from the hood who had to work part time as a janitor during high school just to buy milk for his cereal in the morning.
Reactions: Das Wunderberlyn
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
It was pretty funny to hear Matt calling AJ a "kid"

· Registered
1,813 Posts

· Anti-Hero
11,509 Posts
I think the OP is being a little harsh on Matt, though I've come to realize that a lot of the IWC has a real dislike for Hardy. I am no Hardy fan in the least. But I will give the man some credit, his run in the WWE tag division produced some truly wonderful matches. To say others work 10 times as hard is to ignore the fact that Matt Hardy's body is paying the price for all damage he's done to it. If he were a better wrestler he never would have had to rely on so many highspots and 'holy shit' moments to get over.
I also think that this promo is just playing off of the Heat he has created for himself. What's the difference between him whining on youtube or whining during his in ring promos. At least he's keeping to character. A bitter man who has sacrificed his body to the business and still kinda sucks.

3,953 Posts
lol. It takes a typical indy mark for that promo to go straight over your head doesn't it.

The whole point of that promo was for Matt to come across as patronising he could, to come across as a preaching dick head. Obviously that's what he did.

It's scripted kid, not real life.

· Banned
4,205 Posts

All that aside, did it make any sense at all for Matt Hardy to whine to AJ and talk down to him about how cruel professional wrestling was to him? Matt is a total bust, he is a jobber in the indies talent wise. No charisma, terrible body, mediocre in ring skills. But he was in the WWE and he held titles and was involved in big feuds in the E. He was pushed so far beyond his abilities and work ethic it was insane. Matt Hardy being an upper midcarder is worse than Swagger/Sheamus becoming main eventers overnight the way they did.

Meanwhile, there is AJ Styles. Consummate professional. Loyal to a fault to TNA, at this point in his career he can ride his reputation and history with his company and let himself get out of shape and let his in ring skills waste away. But even though he's getting older he's still working his butt off and keeping in top form. This man is the kind of person you want in your company, whether it be sports, business, or anything. He's the guy who'll go the extra mile. He has a genuine love for this profession, he has an amateur wrestling background, he was one of the original bad asses of ROH. Think about that. He's one of the three guys who had a huge role in building two of the top three wrestling promotions in this world today. The other 2 guys who can say that are Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels. Had he stayed in ROH he would have been a main eventer there and all time great like Bryan Danielson was and is.

Matt needs to shut his mouth and be thankful he is even allowed to be in wrestling. There are so many people out there who work ten times as hard as he does and have ten times as much talent, yet never sniffed the success he has had. He has no right to be bitter whatsoever. Spoiled bitch shouldn't talk down to anyone. Its like a rich, spoonfed beotch bitching about his allowance to a kid from the hood who had to work part time as a janitor during high school just to buy milk for his cereal in the morning.
Christ, you come across as a real douchebag, you know that right?

Rarely have I seen a post so full of hate and bile about somebody you dont know, and know nothing about.

Pretty pathetic really.

The only person who needs to shut his mouth, is you.

This Matt Hardy hatred from some is just getting ridiculous now, get a fucking grip people.

· Registered
3,860 Posts
The issue is that some people think that Matt Hardy, much like every other former WWE wrestler, will be pushed to the moon and will end up with a title and as such, more wrestlers who have been with TNA for a long time will be forced to other things such as the Sympathy Title (TV Title).

· Registered
1,191 Posts

· Registered
1,813 Posts
Of course TNA are far frome being the 3rd biggest wrestling promotion in the world...they are the 2nd biggest promotion in the world.
You're joking right? CMLL,NJPW and NOAH are way bigger than TNA could ever be.Pro wrestling doesn't stop in the US people.

· Registered
4,733 Posts
You're joking right? CMLL,NJPW and NOAH are way bigger than TNA could ever be.Pro wrestling doesn't stop in the US people.
As Much as I love CMLL/NJPW/and NOAH they're not as big as TNA. Hell, CMLL just lost their franchise player to WWE and are continuing to lose their draws to rival AAA due to the politics. NOAH was financially in the hole and had heard a couple of times Misawa had thought bout shutting them down and NJPW isn't as popular as they used to be when Inoki ran it.

· Registered
1,188 Posts

If you ignore all the un-bolder parts this is a great article.

In all seriousness when whoever wrote the promo, wrote the promo they had all of this in mind and it was done to get Matt heat.

PS: AJ Styles is an all time great like Danielson.

· Registered
624 Posts
First of all, you do realise that the USA market is way bigger and more profitable than the Mexican market, right? It is bigger and more profitable than Japan's market as well. Second of all TNA airs in much more countries than CMLL, NJPW and NOAH! So TNA IS the 2nd biggest wrestling promotion in the world!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.