Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the end of the Orton/Barret match, Cena counts to 3, Orton retains, and out like a shot Striker screams...

Cena's Free!!!

Cole: Cena's fired...right?

Striker: Sorry

que awkward silence

- I normally think he's the best commentator around at the moment but that coupled with him forgetting the match had no counts earlier on, he's come across as a real ass.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Well they are technically both right. Cena IS free from Nexus right now. And his job.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Its not even a botch. When Striker said "Cena's Free", I am pretty sure he was just talking about Cena being free from Nexus.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
it was a botch, let's all just admit it.

it was a Free or Fired match, there's no "free technically" about it. Striker forgot that was basically the extent of the match, and just announced that Cena was free.

in a free or fired match, when the commentator says Cena's free, that's basically him saying he's not fired. geez, you don't have to hug Strikers nuts so hard you can't just admit he screwed up. plus, he said it in the most excited voice ever, basically meaning he was pumped that Cena was fired.

all in all, Striker is great (most of the times, he still overdoes it a bit), but he makes mistakes just like the rest of them. this one was pretty funny.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was a botch, let's all just admit it.

it was a Free or Fired match, there's no "free technically" about it. Striker forgot that was basically the extent of the match, and just announced that Cena was free.

in a free or fired match, when the commentator says Cena's free, that's basically him saying he's not fired. geez, you don't have to hug Strikers nuts so hard you can't just admit he screwed up. plus, he said it in the most excited voice ever, basically meaning he was pumped that Cena was fired.

all in all, Striker is great (most of the times, he still overdoes it a bit), but he makes mistakes just like the rest of them. this one was pretty funny.
You're siding with me?

First time for everything, I guess.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
No one is hugging Stikers nuts.

I just think "Cenas Free" wasn't a botch, because technically he was, it allowed for the realization tap in by Cole to say "Cena's Fired". If he'd have just yelled "Cenas Fired" it wouldn't have had the same effect. I guess there is a small chance that Striker just got caught up in the moment and said the wrong thing, but even if he did, Cole followed up with something that made the whole thing just make sense.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It was definitely a botch. Not because of the line, that could be covered up by saying Cena is technically free from Nexus. But Striker marked out about it :lmao

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Edited my post, Cole says, Cena's fired in a strange tone and then says "right" at the end, correcting Striker.

Stiker then apologizes, confirming he screwed up

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
It was definitely a botch. Not because of the line, that could be covered up by saying Cena is technically free from Nexus. But Striker marked out about it :lmao
exactly. there really is no argument for this. Striker fucked up, it's ok, it happens. sometimes there's good acting, sometimes there's a commentator fucking up and then things being awkward. the latter is what we saw last night.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
At the end of the Orton/Barret match, Cena counts to 3, Orton retains, and out like a shot Striker screams...

Cena's Free!!!

Cole: Cena's fired...right?

Striker: Sorry

que awkward silence

- I normally think he's the best commentator around at the moment but that coupled with him forgetting the match had no counts earlier on, he's come across as a real ass.
Wow ... Matt Striker is a human being if you hadn't noticed. Striker is doing a good job as announcer. And, technically he's also right, Cena was kayfabe fired but also free of the Nexus.

·
The Man
15,237 Posts
It's just one of the many botches and stupid lines he says. And yeah it obviously was a botch; he sounded happy about it and nobody was looking at it as Cena being free when he was about to be fired.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
The worse botch was when he called a sidewalk slam the Black Hole Slam..
I coulda swore he called The 'Bossman Slam' the 'Blackhole Slam'. Ihey are the same thing, The Bossman did it and Abyss does it. He was right, I just don't understand why he would call it what Abyss calls it if he's with TNA, unless somone else called it that before Abyss.

And Striker did botch, but it actually made everything seem realer like he was caught up in the moment. Realisticly they don't want Barrett to beat Orton, and they also want Cena to do the right thing, so it was an acceptable mistake.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts