Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't think where else to put this so Mods feel free to move if you think its appropriate.

So don't judge me but last night I watched the first episode of new reality tv show Labor of Love where 15 men compete to win the heart of a woman so they can have a kid and start a family. Imagine my surpriise when the second man to walk onto the show is former WWE wrestler and commentator Matt Striker. And then I thought, surely he was already married, and sure enough google and wikipedia lists him as being married since 2016 with a son to Claire Gold.

Now even if his marriage info online isn't up to date he still has a son and he's now on a reality tv series pretending he's 'ready' to become a father. I know reality shows have a scripted element but surely the producers must have known that someone who has spent a considerable time on national TV would easily be found on a quick google search by watchers.

Even his damn parents are on the show saying they hope he gets to start a family. Now before anyone says anything, I'm not 'mad' about this, I'm just genuinely intrigued and wondering if its gonna end up being a big 'reveal' later in the series.

Has anyone else watched it and have any thoughts on Matt's involvement?

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
There doesn't seem to be a lot of info online about his marriage... Maybe he's divorced? I can't find any pictures of him and his wife or kids. Do the participants have to have never gotten married before? lol

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There doesn't seem to be a lot of info online about his marriage... Maybe he's divorced? I can't find any pictures of him and his wife or kids. Do the participants have to have never gotten married before? lol
The idea of the show is for people who haven't had kids yet to settle down and start a family but he already has a son so his spot on the show doesn't make sense.

He even said to the woman if he had kids he would be a responsible father.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
To be fair all we got is a wikipedia article saying he has a son... doesn't even say name or any info just that he has a son. The reference link in the wikipedia article that talks about his family is broken so I have no idea what it originally said. I've tried finding any interview to see if he mentions having a child but I don't really have the time to watch/read every interview lol Funny thing he seems to like mentioning the phrase "labor of love" a lot lol. I don't know if that was an easter egg for the show lol He doesn't have much of a social media presence either.

I'm not saying that the show isn't full of shit lol But I can't find anything outside of a wikipedia article. And I'm not one to hate on wikipedia because there's plenty of well researched and sourced articles but a lesser known wrestling personality probably isn't going to be the most fact checked. He definitely seems to not want to share his personal life though so who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts