Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been pissing me off for a few weeks now....

When the fuck is Matt Striker gonna stop calling Big Show 'The Giant'. It was a moniker he used back in WCW and hasn't been called that in YEARS... yet Striker seems to think its fine to CONSTANTLY refer to him as the Giant

·
Banned
542 Posts
Because the Big Show in fact is " a giant " and plus since WWE owns all the rights to WCW theres no problem in calling him that.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I dunno why it makes you so angry but it is just another nickname, Striker gives nearly everyone a new monkier but he is just using an old one in this case.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
So what he called Katie Lea the Scarlet Witch, does that mean I should get angry because he named her after a Marvel character :s... Get over it already!

In case you haven't noticed Big Show is a fucking Giant! There is not much you can call an actual real life giant, other than a GIANT!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
It's just a nickname, there's no need to be furious over someone calling wrestler by their nickname. Does it piss you off too when they keep referring Jerry Lawler as The King? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
But y r u mad bro?

Seriously, what's the problem?

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is.

Haha. Big deal.

But it's just another nickname, like The Viper for Randy Orton. Doesn't mean that's his actual name.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
While I know Striker was the first to start recently doing it, I've also heard Cole and Grisham refer to Wight as "The Giant" several times in the last month.

I see nothing wrong with it. It's just his old ring name, and it applies.

A lot of things Matt Striker does can wear on my nerves over time, but I really enjoy the fact that he tries his best to add something to everyone when calling their matches.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Umm he does it because its a good nickname for him. I like how he refers back to Shows old days calling him The Giant. Nostalgia is cool brah.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
This has been pissing me off for a few weeks now....

When the fuck is Matt Striker gonna stop calling Big Show 'The Giant'. It was a moniker he used back in WCW and hasn't been called that in YEARS... yet Striker seems to think its fine to CONSTANTLY refer to him as the Giant
There are other tall/big guys but in WWE terms he is THE giant of the WWE. It's not like Striker ONLY calls his the gaint and not Big Show.

Is this really thread worthy? I don't think so myself. Nothing wrong with a nickname.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just find it stupid and annoying. In regards to Randy Orton, he has always basically been Randy 'The Viper' Orto, so that I can live with.

Its more the fact that its a different gimmick so to speak. You wouldn't go calling Luke Gallows, Festus; or in Kevin Nash's case, Diesel, Scott Hall; Razor Ramon.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I just find it stupid and annoying. In regards to Randy Orton, he has always basically been Randy 'The Viper' Orto, so that I can live with.

Its more the fact that its a different gimmick so to speak. You wouldn't go calling Luke Gallows, Festus; or in Kevin Nash's case, Diesel, Scott Hall; Razor Ramon.

In this case it's not a different gimmick, it's just a different name. Like if Striker were to refer to Jericho as 'The Lionheart'. I like it because it's a throwback and he made a name for himself originally under that name.

·
Registered
139 Posts
In this case it's not a different gimmick, it's just a different name. Like if Striker were to refer to Jericho as 'The Lionheart'. I like it because it's a throwback and he made a name for himself originally under that name.
I think he actually did use jericho's old moniker

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Even though I respect you for your Nattie avy, I don't really see a problem with this. I think it's quite nostalgic, actually. And that's cool.

·
Registered
515 Posts

ya op's right. it was basically the same character but it was technically another gimmick and in another company so its kinda wierd and annoying.

·
Registered
322 Posts
He does it a lot, he did call Jericho "Lionheart" and Daniel Bryan "The American Dragon". Even called Del Rio "The Man of Two Faces (Dos Caras)". I actually quite like it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts