Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody else like to see Matt Striker return to the ring? In my opinion he pulled a Jerry Lawler way to quick. I'm not saying push the guy to the moon or anything but it would be awesome if his music hit during the rumble and became an entrant or something. I know its heavily rumored he'll be a trainer on Tough Enough.. which means he has has in ring basics so why not use Matt Strike to help make other wrestlers look good from time to time? He's a guy who with his hosting and announcing it wouldnt hurt his career at all if he jobbed out in certain feuds from time to time.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I don't care. If it means I don't have to listen to his stupidity when I watch WWE programming then whatever. He can be the highlight of the night on Superstars for all I care.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I really could care less about Matt Striker. But if it means that an announcing position opens up... and that position gets filled by JR... then YES I would love for Striker to return to the ring.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,615 Posts
Striker was good in the ring, but I dont think he wants to wrestle anymore. Pretty sure I read somewhere that he was done for good.

He is my favorite announcer so I don't mind :)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I wasn't too fond of him as a wrestler. Then again, I haven't like him as an announcer for a while either. Is there a third option?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Why take the physical abuse just to presumably constantly put other guys other. The only guy I would want(ed) to see be a surprise entrant from the announcing team was Punk. The only reason to remove him from the broadcast team would be to make way for JR and name him the Raw GM which I doubt would happen but it would be interesting.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Agreed with pretty much what everyone said - what he's got going for him now is great.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
He's a pretty good wrestler, but he wouldn't get taken seriously. Even with the increased freedom on the mic he would have due to his commentating success, his size would still be a problem and he would have the commentator stigma against him as well. His run as a wrestler went largely unnoticed.

·
HOPE
13,222 Posts
He's decent in the ring, but his look and character are totally bland. He's just a guy that wouldn't be adding anything at all to the roster that isn't already there. So no. I like him as an announcer anyway.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts