Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CHIEFS KINGDOM!
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a wrestling fan off and on my whole life, but haven't really followed independent wrestling closely since Danielson signed with WWE. For the last 17 years of been a pretty loyal fan of MMA as well. Which is why I was shocked to see that former UFC Welterweight Matt "Deep Waters" Riddle is apparently doing very well as a independent wrestler. I always liked Matt, and thought he got a bum deal with the UFC so I thought he might be a good indy guy to follow for me. The reason I'm making this thread is to ask you guys what you think about Riddle, is he actually pretty good, and if he might have a couple matches online somewhere that I could check out?

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
I've seen him in promotions like Evolve, WCPW, PWG, etc.

He's really good for someone who has only been doing this for like, 2 years. Can grapple, strike, has power, etc. Outside of talking he's a total package. Though my one knock on him is his matches can be a bit repetitive.

If companies ever get past the Pot thing, he'll be a big star in WWE or NJPW.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
On 2015 Riddle was revelation of the year and Most Improved wrestler by WON. I've seen a match vs Brian Cage. I note his enthusiasm for this adventure on wrestling mats.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,614 Posts
His matches with Walter have been nothing less then fantastic. Near five star matches. I would recommend his match with Walter at Progress: New York. And his match against Walter and Timothy Thatcher at Progress: Chasing The Sun.

·
The NEW
13,419 Posts
Riddle is absolutely great. He's been one of the most consistent wrestlers anywhere in the world ever since 2016.

His best matches, in my opinion, are the following:

vs. Will Ospreay (PROGRESS Chapter 39)
vs. Katsuyori Shibata (RevPro High Stakes 2017)
vs. Chris Hero (EVOLVE 71 & 73)
vs. Roderick Strong (EVOLVE 64)
vs. Timothy Thatcher vs. WALTER (PROGRESS Chapter 55)

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,975 Posts
He's a fantastic f*cking wrestler, one of my fav indy guys.

Reactions: TJQ

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
His matches with Walter have been nothing less then fantastic. Near five star matches. I would recommend his match with Walter at Progress: New York. And his match against Walter and Timothy Thatcher at Progress: Chasing The Sun.
And his series against Keith Lee including a no weapons used last man standing match.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Huge fan, love seeing him in Progress and Rev Pro often in the UK. He always looks like he's having the time of his life and if you go up and say hello he's always super friendly and a total bro.

You always hear that he's on the cusp of something, NJPW got cold feet over his weed antics, even though his trial matches with Ishii and I guess Suzuki were both fun. I think Triple H and Regal got him booked regularly on Evolve shows as a way to keep tabs too I've heard some people mention?

I'd like to see him somewhere soon, mainly so I could watch him do more character and storyline work, I suppose NXT would be the ideal place for that but who knows. He's killing the indies right now and he looks pretty damn happy doing so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts