Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i think of all the big men in prowrestling, he quite frankly falls short of my vision of what i would want to see from someone so huge. I mean you have the likes of the the Undertaker, Kane, Batista, Goldberg, Lesnar, Big Show, and hell even Mark Henry fits better a "Big Man" type. Matt Morgan may have all the ability overall though but he is not very good and i don't think it gonna change. He's gonna fall in the category of "Potential but Falls short". I think TNA needs to look else where for a real big man because the only one close is fat joe.

·
Premium Member
13,803 Posts
Joe is a fat man. Not a big man.

As for Morgan, I like that he he booked as intelligent and cocky. Two things that people never associate with big men. But yeah, he's not intimidating at all. Blame that on booking.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Maybe it's just because I'm a TNA fan, but I think looks and in ring work, he's better than Kane(after he lost the mask), Big Show, hell, I never really cared for Batista either.

You can't blame his wins losses and things like that on him, that's just dumb booking.

He's kicked Eric Bischoff once and the IZ went nuts, chanting and what not. Who can remember his last real match before this whole turn?

He's over, he does well, he's just not booked right

·
Registered
894 Posts
Morgan has been booked like shit in the past, hopefully this all changes right now, TNA need a legit "BIG MAN" wrestler.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Crappy booking or not, when he snorts and flares and glares, it looks intimidating.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Totally agree! Funny thing is he has definitely got the look to be a "big man", and I think his character is also good.

But something happens when he opens his mouth where it all just falls to bits. I've always felt a similar thing with AJ (obviously not the big man thing but definitely a loss of credibility).

I can't overly put my finger on it. I don't think either are particularly bad on the mic, but when they talk the just loose something.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Morgan isn't at fault for this at all. His in-ring performance doesn't suck because he does, but because the way he's booked. Seriously, I know TNA loves to book X-Division spotfest but presenting a legit 290 lbs guy as someone who should sell every little kick by guy 200 lbs less his size? I've barely ever seen a big guy as Morgan (as a face) lose as many matches as he does. I mean his match with Jeff Hardy at Turning Point just proves that. You don't job a ballsy big guy to a small distrubed persona.

Pyro™;9030779 said:
Nah, Sheamus is. At least Morgan doesn't look like the bastard son of Ronald McDonald and Casper.
I dare you to say that to a 255 lbs guy in RL. He is intimidating, whether you like him or not doesn't play a role in that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You can't blame booking for an unimpressive body.

Sure the guy is tall but his legs are smaller than Kurt Angle's who is half his size.

·
Registered
171 Posts
He needs a finisher that takes advantage of his size. The front kick is just weak. I liked the powerbomb into the cage he did a few PPVs ago. You can't count on having a cage around all the time but maybe a powerbomb into the corner or, shit, even just a powerbomb.

Morgan starts powerbombing guys into turnbuckles and he looks pretty bad-ass all of a sudden.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Morgan could do an F5, he managed to do it on Big Show so I assume he could perform it on anyone in the TNA roster.

·
Squared Circle Gimmick
5,371 Posts
Funny... I actually agree. He's a little to thin in my opinion.

but yes, the way he's been booked doesn't help either.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
IMO he could be world champion material , he's solid enough in the ring to carry his own and his promos are rather decent. Though the problem is that he was booked in garbage scenarios really. I liked that he was in the main event, but they didn't quite do it well but they didn't have enough time to book him vs Hardy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts