Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source - Anonomous Twitter Updater.

In an interview with Matt Morgan. He said -

"I have another year left on my contract with TNA," he said. "My fifth of five years. I signed a five year deal with them four years ago. I believe in October it will be up. The way it works is I'm a businessman first and foremost, right? And you try to keep your options open as much as humanly possible. I did start with WWE. They gave me a lot of tools and a lot of knowledge and I was trained by some of the best big men this business has ever had and learned a lot of things from those people over there in WWE. So I was very very lucky."
When asked about a WWE return -

"To say I wouldn't go back would be dumb on my part and it would be a lie," ... "But speaking right now, I'm happy for the most part with how TNA has been treating me and they've done a really good job with me the last four years."

·
Banned
6,530 Posts
He once was in wwe?

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
970 Posts
Generic contract signing talk.

He'll be albe to ask for more money if TNA think that he could go straight to WWE. Truth is that if he did, he'd probably end up in developmental or as a bumbling "monster" heel

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
He's just another guy with size to me. He's also going to be 36 years old by the time his contract has expired so it's not like the guy has huge potential or anything either. He's peaked and really his peak wasn't very impressive at all. I don't really see any reason why WWE should bring this guy back. I'm sure this isn't anything serious as he's just trying to get the most financially out of TNA.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
With Brock Lesnar only being part time and The Undertaker being barely ever around anymore WWE do need a big man who can actually work and i believe Matt Morgan to be the best full time big man around these days. He has a great look, can work in the ring with almost anyone, can work the mic as a heel although isn't too good as a face and is established in America due to his work in TNA so i'd say for WWE to go for it.

TNA has booked him so poorly over the years and given him the same storyline on a yearly basis which sees him team up with someone only for him or them to turn on the other as seen with Kurt Angle, Abyss and now Crimson. Outside of his feud with Jeff Hardy which was thrown together after Ken Anderson suffered genuine concussion due to Jeff Hardy being sloppy with a chair shot we haven't seen Matt Morgan work World title feuds and i think in TNA especially he was more than capable. TNA blew a HUGE opportunity when they had AJ Styles, Matt Morgan, Frankie Kazarian and Beer Money together with Ric Flair as manager in Fortune so i would cut my losses and move on if i were Matt Morgan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.