Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's opinion on this so far? I have to say, although i feel Morgan is a natural heel (and a great one at that), ive been pleasantly surprised. I really liked his promo and especially the fact that he came out AFTER RVD in the opener. I love how TNA has drawn parallels to the sports world with his character...first the whole head injury thing which was a hot topic and last Impact they basically put him in an Armando Galarraga/Jim Joyce situation(even if that wasnt their original intent). It makes Morgan feel really identifiable to the viewer. I love this feud with Hardy cause both guys feel very fresh and interesting right now. Now obviously, Morgan is going to lose but i really hope this doesnt end his push. Even if he wasnt good in college, i have no idea, given his athletic background Morgan is the type of guy i could see doing Sportscenter segments and giving exposure to TNA. Following the Hardy feud, i'd like to see him maybe feud with and go over AJ Styles next. Anytime you can involve Morgan in a prominent role with Flair and Hogan is a win at this point imo.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
What's everyone's opinion on this so far? I have to say, although i feel Morgan is a natural heel (and a great one at that), ive been pleasantly surprised. I really liked his promo and especially the fact that he came out AFTER RVD in the opener. I love how TNA has drawn parallels to the sports world with his character...first the whole head injury thing which was a hot topic and last Impact they basically put him in an Armando Galarraga/Jim Joyce situation(even if that wasnt their original intent). It makes Morgan feel really identifiable to the viewer. I love this feud with Hardy cause both guys feel very fresh and interesting right now. Now obviously, Morgan is going to lose but i really hope this doesnt end his push. Even if he wasnt good in college, i have no idea, given his athletic background Morgan is the type of guy i could see doing Sportscenter segments and giving exposure to TNA. Following the Hardy feud, i'd like to see him maybe feud with and go over AJ Styles next. Anytime you can involve Morgan in a prominent role with Flair and Hogan is a win at this point imo.
This. Nothing more to add.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Heel or face, I'm a fan. The boy (he's older than me ha) has talent either way and I just hope they continue to use him

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
I agree that he's been doing well as a face so far, and it's great to see him in the main event picture.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yeah its definitely good to see him back in the title picture. After his feud with Angle he lost his way a bit. I thought he was going to go from strength to strength and become a regular main eventer. But he got lost in the shuffle and was then put in some shitty mashed together tag team with Hernandez. Whilst I think there are a lot of guys ahead of him in the pecking order for a World Title reign, he should definitely be featured more heavily on the show and yeah I think a feud over the TV Title with AJ would be a good course for him to take.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
He's doing well. His character works better as a monster face. If he could improve his selling and co-ordination in the ring, he will be good to go for an extended main-event run. There is a lot of raw potential to work with.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I agree. They've been flipping him back and forth heel and face too fast, but that has nothing to do with your original post. I whole heartedly agree with the OP.

They are in position to make all of their guys who haven't gotten enough air time, big. Joe/Pope/Morgan can come out of this looking wayyyyyyy better. I was expecting this to happen with MEM, but it did not. I'm hoping for the best again.

So far I like what I am seeing.

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
I'd give my opinion, but since this is TNA, they'll probably change him back to heel by the time I've finished this post.

I don't know, I really don't see Matt Morgan as a guy who would care about concussions when he sidelined Hernandez on purpose.

Plus what the hell happened with Matt Morgan referring to himself as "We"?

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
If all TNA do with this immortal storyline is push Morgan in to a credible main event star, then i'll be more than happy with the years worth of build up. There is so much, raw untapped potential in him and his recent face turn has just enlightened the masses to this. Other than this, there is nothing more to add on top of the OP.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
They need to snag him another credible win for this turn to work. I like him going forward but right now it's sort of iffy. I wish him the best face or heel.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm glad t see him as a face and think it ould work out, but i have a feeling this feud is to put over hardy/immortal and that's gonna suck imo.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
For what it's worth, he's been a good face. The only problem is that TNA needs to book him stronger. He's been looking weak through no fault of Morgans of course.

·
#German
3,783 Posts
The fact that the guy hasn't been TNA World Champ yet, but Hardy is shows how much TNA really sucks.

Morgan is one of two talented singles wrestlers in the company (the other one being Desmond Wolfe - I don't include tag teams) and he has everything a modern day wrestling promoter looks for: size, agility, mic skills, charisma and the skills to be a hated heel or a beloved face.

Shame they won't put the title on him because he'd be a damn good champion. That's TNA, folks.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
For what it's worth, he's been a good face. The only problem is that TNA needs to book him stronger. He's been looking weak through no fault of Morgans of course.
I wholeheartly agree with that. Personally I find him somewhat entertaining as a heel but I'm a really big fan of him as a face...he has the "IT" factor playing that role to me (not that he doesn't as heel but his face performance comes across as more genuine to me). I agree that he is bad in the ring though basically, I just don't see how Morgan can be booked like an average sized wrestler, he needs to stop the constant selling and be more dominant during his matches.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Morgan is basically showing what he learn from WWE. He more "trained" for tv wrestling compare to Joe,Styles,etc. Notice four former WWE guys are being pushed the hardest. Also with Christian and Angle dominating the past few years, it shows you WWE system does work and their former guys will outshine the original TNA/indy performers.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah...im still irritated that he lost to Jarrett straight up cause there was no reason for that. To go on a crusade all show and then lose the match without interference was piss poor booking. Winning the 3 on 1 was good, but it was still with an asterisk so its not as good as it sounds on paper. He definitely needs to get the best of Hardy next Impact (i think the shows already been taped but i dont want to know anything!)

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
So he hates the fans and thinks hes the greatest thing in earth. Then he disagrees about concussion saftey. Now he loves the fans and is completley selfless with many friends. WTF??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts