Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
I have to agree, both Bucks have horrific acting. They can't act. Nick also tends to have this confused, dazed -far out stare like he is stoned. I will add, when Matt was trying to give his love Kenny a chance by not kicking his ass and having to think about it...was epic cringe, i actually felt embarrassed watching.
Matt can never really kick Omegas ass. Omega was clearly getting his own ass whooped because he was counting on his plan to work. He was emotionally manipulating Matt, and it worked. Right before the BTE trigger he looked directly at Matt. He wasn't even selling anything to Nick, his focus was to manipulate Matt as he knows Nick follows Matt.

I understand that Matt maybe overdoes his facial expressions but this was actually storytelling.

They could have done the usual classic shock heel turn, and it would have worked fine. But I appreciate them trying to do stuff differently.

·
Registered
#PushElias
3,596 Posts
FTR are boring though. Absolutely nobody would care about them if Jim Cornette wasn't such a supporter of them
PnP and Lucha Bros are close, but Bucks are that more exciting in the ring.
Assuming you're being serious 2 decades takes us back to 2001. The Young Bucks are not better than any of The Dudley Boyz, The Hardy Boyz, The New Age Outlaws, Edge and Christian, The APA and just about any tag team from the Attitude Era.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
I love the Bucks but yeah he's pretty shitty.

They are natural as heels outside the ring, hopefully they'll stick to that persona

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Assuming you're being serious 2 decades takes us back to 2001. The Young Bucks are not better than any of The Dudley Boyz, The Hardy Boyz, The New Age Outlaws, Edge and Christian, The APA and just about any tag team from the Attitude Era.
you dropped these

·
Registered
14,705 Posts
The Bucks are actually the shits. Their matches are boring because they are white noise. It was funny to watch them in Japan when they tried to get serious. The Japanese crowd would actually laugh at their attempts to sell.

They aren’t very good workers, wrestlers, promos, personalities or apparently people. Fuck them for only caring about their bottom-line too. Wrestlers used to accept their talent level (most of the time) to respect that stars can actually get over and then there is money for everyone.

I have absolutely no love for the Bucks. They have no redeeming features as “talent.” They don’t even hit their shit properly most of the time.

Best line I ever heard used to decribe them is “petal-dick fuckers.”

·
KO
5,621 Posts
I’m not even much of a fan of YB but I don’t see anything wrong with his acting.
How? He's trying so hard to continually make the conflicted face that sweat's dripping off of my screen after having seen it. Same with the Callis slap, it's like he hasn't heard of the word nuance. Exactly like Moxley.

·
Registered
Hustle, Loyalty, Respect
139 Posts
While I somewhat agree with the OP, I will say the Bucks are fine.

They are not my cup of tea but there have been so many really horrible actors who have gotten over in pro wrestling....

What matters is "if" they get over, in spite of their path. The Bucks are unarguably over.
Bucks are awful, they are wannabe HBK clones who spam super kicks

·
Registered
27,108 Posts
Same song and dance, as soon as they start doing their cocky heel routine everybody loves them again

Matt Jackson is fine
I mean, if we eventually get there, great. But so far this is the same stuff as their "kind of but not really" heel turn last year. They're not acting like heels, they're acting like conflicted brats.

And personally, I'm over conflicted, emotional Bucks.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
I mean, if we eventually get there, great. But so far this is the same stuff as their "kind of but not really" heel turn last year. They're not acting like heels, they're acting like conflicted brats.

And personally, I'm over conflicted, emotional Bucks.
at the end there, the conflict was gone

Matt was mouthing to the crowd / camera - 'is that what you wanted? that's what you wanted, right?'

that combined with all the nostalgia clips of them being dickheads on BTE this last week - makes me think conflicted Bucks is the past

I mean, there is no short-term return from this / they super kicked the most beloved babyface

dicky bucks incoming

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I love the "Young Bucks are geeky" argument. As if that automatically erases everything they've done for the business, all those 5 star matches, pushing the limit of spots you can pull of under the wrestling name, proving everyone can be a wrestler. But apperently that doesn't matters because they don't wear leather jackets and get shitfaced with hookers every friday night

HBK has some homoerotic elements in his presentation, does that mean he sucks?
They never have had one 5 star match in their life. Dave Meltzer is a deluded smark who has absolutely no idea what he's watching. His opinion is irrelevant, he doesn't understand the business. Pretty much everything the Bucks do is low level indy garbage.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
I like his in-ring storytelling, for example the way he didn’t want to fight Omega at the start of the match.

But he over-exaggerates the “playing to the last row of the stadium” thing when acting... it’s the right idea, but tone it down for the facial expressions.

However, I do suspect they want us to like Nick and dislike Matt, so if that’s where the story is heading, then the bad acting is doing an interesting job of turning the fans against him.

·
Do they have Krusty's Partially Gelatinated, Non-D
2,804 Posts
If YB are 'overrated' then so is every other team in history. Because, you know, anyone not blinded by size obsession recognizes they're the best team in at least 2 decades.

The bucks having all these 5 star matches means zilch, as the star system, which has always been silly, is irrelevant now. If they wrestled in the 80’s, they wouldn’t have any 5 star matches from Meltzer.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
TBH I don't think Matt's acting. He talks the same way all the time and I think this is just mostly his actual personality. Although, I suppose wrestling kind of exists in this blurry area where Matt could be "working" every time the camera is on him. Like MJF if he was portraying a somewhat irritating nerd.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The thing with MJ is that he actually thinks he is really good. It is like watching Tommy Wiseau every week. When you keep that in mind, it is kind of magical to watch the performances.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts