Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I don't hate the Bucks. But someone has to say this. Matt Jackson is a truly awful actor

If he isn't the worst actor then he is for sure the dude most pushed into positions he really shouldn't be in it.
The dude fucking bombed during the build for the FTR matches and the dude has been bombing for the entire of the "Are they in or not" dumb dance of the Bullet Club and the dude was truly awful today in the big turn on the main event.

Nick Jackson really comes of as a smarter man because we all know the dude probably isn't a good actor so he doesn't even try. I'm looking at the former segments and while he has this constant stoned look to him, bro at least he comes off as genuine. Matt must've been a theater kid growing up because while Nick is just chilling the fuck out Matt has to do all the wacky faces that screams "I'M ACTING".

Someone HAS to stop Matt because the dude has been killing himself. If he wants to become the leading man or whatever then Tony has to seriously put him into some real acting classes because holy shit.

I'll take solace on the fact that they will probably fade away into being Kenny's sidekicks so he will shut up but I just wanted to give this rant

·
Likes wrestling....
9,587 Posts
While I somewhat agree with the OP, I will say the Bucks are fine.

They are not my cup of tea but there have been so many really horrible actors who have gotten over in pro wrestling....

What matters is "if" they get over, in spite of their path. The Bucks are unarguably over.

·
rasslin
6,431 Posts
They’re fun to watch once or twice a month but putting them in a main event story with your world champion is a mistake.

With that said, if this means less good brothers I’m all for it.

The young bucks are geeky and they know it. The good brothers are geeky and are trying to be cool.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Matt Jackson is the worst actor on national TV.

Nick Jackson is the worst looking champion ever.

The Young Bucks are the most overrated thing in modern wrestling.
If YB are 'overrated' then so is every other team in history. Because, you know, anyone not blinded by size obsession recognizes they're the best team in at least 2 decades.

·
Registered
666 Posts
If YB are 'overrated' then so is every other team in history. Because, you know, anyone not blinded by size obsession recognizes they're the best team in at least 2 decades.
😂😂😂 They’re not even the best tag team on their own show.

FTR (the best), PnP and Lucha Bros are all more interesting and better in the ring.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I love the "Young Bucks are geeky" argument. As if that automatically erases everything they've done for the business, all those 5 star matches, pushing the limit of spots you can pull of under the wrestling name, proving everyone can be a wrestler. But apperently that doesn't matters because they don't wear leather jackets and get shitfaced with hookers every friday night

HBK has some homoerotic elements in his presentation, does that mean he sucks?

·
Registered
934 Posts
😂😂😂 They’re not even the best tag team on their own show.

FTR (the best), PnP and Lucha Bros are all more interesting and better in the ring.
FTR are boring though. Absolutely nobody would care about them if Jim Cornette wasn't such a supporter of them
PnP and Lucha Bros are close, but Bucks are that more exciting in the ring.

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
I like bucks so I'm biased maybe and also because I'm used to Matt being way too expressive with facial expressions. I remember at first it used to be like "he needs to tone it down a bit with the expressions".. but wasn't a big deal to me because.. who cares it's wrestling not hollywood.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I love the "Young Bucks are geeky" argument. As if that automatically erases everything they've done for the business, all those 5 star matches, pushing the limit of spots you can pull of under the wrestling name, proving everyone can be a wrestler. But apperently that doesn't matters because they don't wear leather jackets and get shitfaced with hookers every friday night

HBK has some homoerotic elements in his presentation, does that mean he sucks?
The Young Bucks proving that ‘anybody’ can be a wrestler actually tells the audience that there’s nothing special about being a wrestler and people care less about things that are not special.

You’re obviously a Bucks fan and I’m not and never will be as I think their matches are all the same.

I don’t think this is something we will ever agree on so not really much point discussing any further.

·
Registered
934 Posts
The Young Bucks proving that ‘anybody’ can be a wrestler actually tells the audience that there’s nothing special about being a wrestler and people care less about things that are not special.

You’re obviously a Bucks fan and I’m not and never will be as I think their matches are all the same.

I don’t think this is something we will ever agree on so not really much point discussing any further.
I'm in a massive workrate fan, similar to @DammitChrist , and Bucks are my favorite team ever, so you are correct about that. Agree to disagree. Though the comment about doing the same thing over again can be applied to The Rock's and Austin's promos.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm a workrate fan so I can't stand the Young Bucks. They basically flip flop and slap their legs all day. I often times wonder how bad the teams of my youth in the 70's and 80's would of stretched them. I fully agree that one of them is an awful actor. I don't know them apart but I still can't believe the Young Bucks got in so good with Tony Khan.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm in a massive workrate fan, similar to @DammitChrist , and Bucks are my favorite team ever, so you are correct about that. Agree to disagree. Though the comment about doing the same thing over again can be applied to The Rock's and Austin's promos.
I’m a fan of work rate, I’m just not a fan or work rate without psychology or selling.

All wrestling matches are choreographed to an extent but if you ignore the fundamentals like psychology and selling it becomes less believable and ends up looking like a gymnastics routine.

With regards to Rock and Austin, 2 of the most established stars in history, they had catchphrases that they used frequently but I cannot remember them cutting the exact same promo week in and week out. Happy to be proved wrong though.

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
He definitely sucks. Him actually trying to put on a middle school play is just embarrassing. Just stick to your preshow gymnastics.
I have to agree, both Bucks have horrific acting. They can't act. Nick also tends to have this confused, dazed -far out stare like he is stoned. I will add, when Matt was trying to give his love Kenny a chance by not kicking his ass and having to think about it...was epic cringe, i actually felt embarrassed watching.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts