Wrestling Forum banner

Matt Hardy's Physical State

18828 31
Besides the gut he has gotten, has anyone noticed how he cannot bend his legs any more? Or how he gets up very awkwardly and cannot run? In his match with AJ he was supposed to jump over him and hit the ropes but instead was barely able to jump over a crouching AJ and tripped over his own feet when he landed and fell into the ropes. He's actually much worse off than some serious long-term hardcore wrestlers that have been in the business for 15 years. It's just becoming quite hilarious and I hope they pull the plug on him competing as a singles competitor.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
4,034 Posts
Watch his match with RVD at AAO.

· Registered
808 Posts
I actually never started noticing it until someone mentioned it.
Yeah I watched the match on Impact and thought it was an alright tv match with some good moves. Then I read this and watched that part again and was like "wow can't believe I didnt notice that" lmao

· Registered
12,669 Posts
He's always had a problem, he can barely bend his knees. Just watch WWF on fear factor. One of the challenges which was the last one vs Jackie where he had to bend down to pick up a flag and walk on logs .. well he couldn't exactly bend down he went all ackward to get it so yah its nothing new

· Registered
1,343 Posts
He does actually have a condition with his legs. I cant remember what exactly but its mentioned in Edges book. The book was of course written before the whole Lita thing.

· Leaving em MESMERMIZED!!
3,200 Posts
he has some kinda issue with his knees if i remember correctly.

TBH the guy has be jumping off ladders and being smashed through tables and shit for damn near 20 years, you can be a Olympic level athlete(Angle) eventually that shit is gonna catch up to you.

that's warranted, i'm more worried about his mental state. dude needs to take a year off and not think about wrestling and clear his head.

· Banned
2,426 Posts
He's in better shape now, which is a plus. He's always had to deal with the leg issues and it's never really held him back to any great extent before, so I think the reason he looks so off right now is ring rust. He's a little clumsier, a little less sure of himself in the ring, but instead of considering the real reason we're jumping to conclusions. At first, his weight was the obvious guess, now it's his knees. Let's just give it a while.

· Registered
1,536 Posts
He's in better shape now, which is a plus. He's always had to deal with the leg issues and it's never really held him back to any great extent before, so I think the reason he looks so off right now is ring rust. He's a little clumsier, a little less sure of himself in the ring, but instead of considering the real reason we're jumping to conclusions. At first, his weight was the obvious guess, now it's his knees. Let's just give it a while.
Maybe him wearing the cargo pants is hiding knee braces (ala HBK) In any event the lighter schedule of TNA would be better for him.

· Registered
27 Posts
he has some kinda issue with his knees if i remember correctly.

TBH the guy has be jumping off ladders and being smashed through tables and shit for damn near 20 years, you can be a Olympic level athlete(Angle) eventually that shit is gonna catch up to you.

that's warranted, i'm more worried about his mental state. dude needs to take a year off and not think about wrestling and clear his head.
Couldn't have said it better.

· I am the Prince of Saiyans once again!!
1,671 Posts
Jeez give the guy a break already.

Kind of my sentiments, I'm starting to get annoyed at this Matt hating. Give the guy a bone, he's trying to put on a show in a brand new company.

But to be fair, I would consider AJ to be the far superior athlete and performer in that match, but that's neither here nor there. And all my opinion only. Ive just been far more impressed with AJ the past 5 years then I have with Matt.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.