Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-- Ex-WWE star Matt Hardy took to his Twitter last night and stated that he thought wrestling in general was in desperate need of a change. Here are some of his tweets: "For the 1st time in a while, I watched Raw straight-thru on DVR after getting home tonight.. That was a long 3 hours. Business needs change. I'm really happy for my friends & the guys that are getting to perform & make a living in the biz, but I feel the biz is slowly fading. There desperately needs to be a new era ushered in that changes the entire landscape and mindset of professional wrestling.. And soon."
Source: ewrestlingnews.com

Personally I agree with him. Pro-Wrestling really hasn't changed alot in last 10 years and personally I think there needs to be a new way of presenting the product. There probably won't ever be another BOOM again untill the business gets a complete overhaul.

Sorry if this is been posted.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Yeah pro wrestling needs to get in touch with social society and whats cool and not just try so hard to appeal to this one or do this that way and stop forcing stuff to happen. WWE needs to be apart of whats going on in the media by sorta providing a cool alternative reality side of what people watch today on tv.

Oh by the way Matt, the Rock says it doesn't matter what you think. I thought the show was very good in terms of not wanting to punch my tv in anger like I usually do when I watch raw.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I think they should stop doing the storylines and just have it be "theres the champion, and everyone is trying to get to the top." stop doing revenge storylines and underdog stories. We've seen just about everything already anyway

·
Registered
213 Posts
I like the bit where he vaguely points out that something is wrong with wrestling, needs to change, then fails to offer any solutions.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think they should stop doing the storylines and just have it be "theres the champion, and everyone is trying to get to the top." stop doing revenge storylines and underdog stories. We've seen just about everything already anyway
But...But....actual wrestling and simple storylines don't sell! Even though the 2 hottest feuds this year (Taker vs Michaels, Batista vs Cena) were as straight forward of a storyline as they come.

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
Agree with Matt Hardy. I think the major thing is there needs to be competition to WWE. TNA isn't doing it but if there was another company with major financial backing and a concerted effort on the product then we could get a greater product. WWE is big but it's not invincible.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The entire show is overproduced and often lacks any feeling of realism.

Many WWE wrestlers, especially the ones out of FCW, feel fake and unnatural, like you're watching Hollywood movie with bad acting it's hard to get into.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Personally I agree with him. Pro-Wrestling really hasn't changed alot in last 10 years and personally I think there needs to be a new way of presenting the product. There probably won't ever be another BOOM again untill the business gets a complete overhaul.

Sorry if this is been posted.

It hasn't changed much in 10 years?

So HHH/Steph taking over to McMahon helping Austin beat the rock to the invasion to the nwo to the brand extension to many other things wasn't change in the wwe?

If anything, WWE hasn't changed much in the past 4-5 years. People say it's because of Cena or PG but that's not really the reason, its the show in general that hasn't really changed. If you look at everything Cena has done in the past 4-5 years, it's quite alot.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It hasn't changed much in 10 years?

So HHH/Steph taking over to McMahon helping Austin beat the rock to the invasion to the nwo to the brand extension to many other things wasn't change in the wwe?

If anything, WWE hasn't changed much in the past 4-5 years. People say it's because of Cena or PG but that's not really the reason, its the show in general that hasn't really changed. If you look at everything Cena has done in the past 4-5 years, it's quite alot.
Im talking more fundamentally. We still get all the goofy skits, the over the top characters, the outlandish storylines, the belt changing every 5 seconds as if the Monday Night War is still going on, shit like that. When you look at its core it really hasn't changed at all and the only thing thats different today compared to 10 years ago is the fact that you now got Cena and Orton presenting us this shit instead of Rock and Austin.

Yes wrestling has always been goofy, but I think the last 25+ years of the business being like this has ran its course. The fans have become pretty much desensitized to all this over the top nonsense and I think its time for the business to either go back to basics, or completely change how their product is presented.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
For once I actually agree with Matt Hardy. There does need to be some sort of facelift just to freshen things up.

But seeing as you can't pass a Hardy thread without some form of hatred being thrown in his direction: "I agree with you Hardy, you fat slob :flip ". There now it REALLY feels like a Hardy thread.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I don't know why but for some reason I thought of Matt Hardy as being Randy Marsh during the Obama episode.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
WWE doesn't need change. It needs talent. When booking a main event feuds with anyone other than Cena you've got to choose between guys like Miz & Barrett who can't put on an entertaining match, or guys like Orton & Morrison who can't put on an interesting promo. When they get 2 or 3 new total package type guys to go with Cena, then WWE will boom again. No change can hide a shortage of talent.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Surely the whole PG thing in itself represents "change", as does the monthly gimmicked PPV's, the pushing of younger talent and the entire NXT thing (so what if its almost a little like Tough Enough, Bite me.)

No, what Matt Hardy wants is yet another reason to whine and complain, because other people are suceeding where he failed.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts