Wrestling Forum banner

Matt Hardy Vs Edge (Matt Hardy)

1243 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  version 1
who remembers this fued? i was watching some videos on youtube and was thinking matt was very over back then so if matt won the fued.
Does anyone think his career would of turned out differently?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9,377 Posts
Yeah, I remember the feud. Hardy was white hot at the time, which was pretty remarkable considering how average the guy was. The appeal of this feud was the fact that it was marketed to the smarks, who knew about Edge's affair with Lita and were hoping to see Hardy and Edge work a stiff, shoot fight. The cage match was brilliant.

I actually thought that it was a revolutionary way of booking feuds, to be fair. You get a wrestler to do a shoot interview and diss somebody; you leak reports of a brawl between the two stars backstage at some event; get the IWC talking about the genuine hatred between them and then book them to face each other. You could have the TV kayfabe angle for the casual fans and a staged hatred for the smarks.

· #EMMAtained
5,839 Posts
Was really cool to see Matt Hardy finally get a chance to breakout and be his own star and really get the fans behind him because up to that point, he was always the underrated Hardy to me. Matt never got his respect and I felt like he was always better than Jeff, not to make this a Matt vs Jeff thread, but that was my opinion. So to see him be able to get the crowd behind him in a feud with Edge that led to some great matches in the process was pretty cool.

· Registered
231 Posts
Well this was the feud that got Edge finally some heel heat. The sad thing is that only Edge benefited from this feud and Matt was being left and dry.
Matt hardy then continued to have the best feud of 2007 with MVP and we all know what happened after that.

But I still remember this feud. It was so personal and you really wanted to know what would happen between these two and how stiff there matches would be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.