Wrestling Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I kind of understand what they said about Nexus but tbf it's only their personal opinions. The only member of Nexus that has no talent at all is Otunga.
i think you have that reversed, otunga has more talent than anyone in nexus and john cena combined. not to mention "the Tung" was the first member to hold gold baby.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The comments about Nexus and the youth movement is so hypocritical on their part. I wonder if they felt the same way 10-15 years ago when they were coming up. I also bet there were veterans around the time who were like get these kids who can't talk and can only work a flippy style out of here.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Good GOD some people get way too rowled up over wrestling angles.

Does it REALLY fucking matter?! It's like... "OMG! HE DRINKS PEPSI! THAT FRAUD! THAT HYPOCRITICAL FRAUD! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE STRAIGHT-EDGE DAMMIT! BURN HIM AT THE STEAK! I HATE YOU CM PUNK! YOU FUCKING LIAR!"

:lmao :lmao :lmao
For a guy who loves to shove the "mic skills beat ring skills, idiooooots" statements whenever he can, you're one to talk.

This one isn't even an angle. This is the actual him. But ooh, okay... He tatooed that shit because it's his gimmick... oooooooooh. That makes a LOT OF SENSE. So let's forget the fact that he says he's straight edge legit outside of the in-ring persona. After all, I'm just too riled up on his wrestling angle to have my opinion that CM Punk (I wanna say his real name, but apparently I can't even say that) is a legit hypocrite.

But hey, your opinion is all that matters, right? Cause what you say is absolute truth. WWE should be all about incredible promos with occassional run-ins aka wrestling, and apparently we shouldn't caste judgement on Punk who says and apperars as something he's fully not.

Stupid.

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
Straight edge means something to CM Punk. It apparently means something else to other people. Who gives a fuck?

If you decide your principles based on the guidelines someone else sets down and refuse to adapt independently, you are a dumbshit.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Straight edge means something to CM Punk. It apparently means something else to other people. Who gives a fuck?

If you decide your principles based on the guidelines someone else sets down and refuse to adapt independently, you are a dumbshit.
Those who do follow a certain way will always have something to disagree on or criticize. My cousin who's like a brother to me is straight edge to its core, and I respect the living hell out of him for doing something I sure as hell can't do. I enjoy Punk as a performer, and even my cousin laughs at the straight edge savior gimmick.

But you can't really hate me for being a little peeved that punk says he's hardcore straight edge when there are certain aspects where he's anything but that. People who have been exposed to someone with such a style might agree.

The mere fact that straight edge has /levels/ to people implies that it's not really straight, now is it.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Lol, "Punk's a hypocrite." *Slow clapping* 99.9% of the human race is. Cut CM some slack, not even he can be perfect all the time

And yes, there are varying degrees of "Straight-Edge-ness".

·
Ramble On
11,108 Posts
CM Punk isn't straight-edge to its core, so what? He still follows the parts about drinking and doing drugs (and he has his reasons) which still makes him straight-edge. The "hardcore straight-edge" thing is just for his gimmick. Jeez!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I've allready posted this one in the Funny pictures thread , but i think it kinda fits this topic :p

81 - 91 of 91 Posts