Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today WWE just posted this video on youtube as "Lita makes it personal with Matt Hardy"

I personally dont like it when WWE puts their wrestler's lovelife into a storyline like what they're doing with Daniel Bryan/Brie Bella/Corporation/Orton. This is Amy/Adam/Matt's issue and I dont blame Matt at all for being candid about their relationship. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd8A5TS53no:mad:

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Matt, maybe she's not that into you. Let it go, dog. No pussy is worth this much trouble.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
This is so old news. Byte This? That show was so bush league.

But yeah interesting that they chose to look back at it now as sort of a "highlight". It does tie in with Matt Hardy's most interesting feud in WWE with Edge though.

Is it any wonder she left him by that phone call? And all his subsequent weird stalker like behavior?

Just realized this was back in '05.
8 years ago. :shocked:

·
Locker Room Leader
12,165 Posts
It was smart of them to convert it into a storyline as Lita and by association, Edge became heat magnets. However, it was kinda unfair how Edge went on to superstardom while Lita kinda got the rough end of the deal.

Anyways, Matt is with Reby, Edge with Beth Phoenix and Lita with Punk now, so they all moved on eventually.

Also, WWE wouldn't do it without the consent of those involved, so I don't mind since we got an amazing feud and a brilliant steel cage match.

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
Darn, when I saw the thread title, I thought it happened again recently or something, which would be all kinds of lulz.

Hey, I like some realism with my storylines. As long as all parties are cool with it, there should be no problems. That Hardy/Edge feud that summer was very entertaining.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Isn't Lita doing the dirty reverse cowgirl with Punk now?

You know at least she progressively dates better pro wrestlers. From Matt Hardy, to Edge, to Punk.

Reactions: theArtist

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Darn, when I saw the thread title, I thought it happened again recently or something, which would be all kinds of lulz.

Hey, I like some realism with my storylines. As long as all parties are cool with it, there should be no problems. That Hardy/Edge feud that summer was very entertaining.
I thought the same thing when I saw the thread title

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
^^^

This interview is awesome. Matt is totally stoned here.

Punk might be a nerd but you can't carry his boots Jeff.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Can't stand how they titled it as "Lita makes it personal with Matt Hardy" when it's the other way around.

But because Matt was looked at as the good guy in that situation at the time for the most part, they put that as the title instead.

Also, am I the only one who always hesitates to watch anything from pre-PG era that they post on their YouTube channel because they always edit out chair shots and make blood shots B&W etc? :lol I'd rather watch them on some other channel because it's more raw.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
Matt, Edge, and Lita all benefited from their real-life problems being made public at the time. I'm sure there are some regrets now, but Matt is the one that dragged everything into the open in the first place.

It ended up making Matt more relevant than he had ever been (or ever would be) in the 'E, gave the company an amazingly hot feud, established Edge & Lita as a power couple, gave Edge the platform to really channel a vicious heel, and produced at least one amazing match.

If it works, it works - and the Hardy/Lita/Edge saga was one helluva feud.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Matt, Edge, and Lita all benefited from their real-life problems being made public at the time. I'm sure there are some regrets now, but Matt is the one that dragged everything into the open in the first place.

It ended up making Matt more relevant than he had ever been (or ever would be) in the 'E, gave the company an amazingly hot feud, established Edge & Lita as a power couple, gave Edge the platform to really channel a vicious heel, and produced at least one amazing match.

If it works, it works - and the Hardy/Lita/Edge saga was one helluva feud.
Exactly, that's why I never got why everyone goes "Fuck Edge/Lita, team Hardy forever!!" when all 3 of them were in the wrong, in their own ways.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Didn't Lita cheat on Matt with Edge? If so how is that Matt's fault? Sure he should let it go after awhile but being bitter and pissed is normal in a situation like that. It doesn't make Lita and Edge bad people. Maybe shady and awful at relationships but not bad people.

Reactions: Bret Hart

·
The Man Comes Around
8,486 Posts
they cut the last few minutes when he talks about Ring of Honor " A REAL WRESTLING PROMOTION NOT INTO STORYLINES " :lol

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Damn this was one messy situation (kinda funny though).

Hardys are the GOAT when it comes to pro wrestlers and drama:

:ti @ when Jeff calls Punk a nerd.
This video is just fpalm

For the child Hardy fan in me its just sad really.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts