Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
17,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on him signing with AEW? What program do you think he will be in? Etc...?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
He looks legitimate and can go in the ring.

I have no issue with the signing as long as he's used as a mid carder.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
who looked jacked da fuck up.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I know many people will get shitty at me for bringing this stat up but AEW has not had a non WWE guy in their main event for 5 months now. They are coming off as the place that the WWE castaways go off to for a final payday similar to how football/soccer players head off to countries like Australia, China, India, South Korea, United States etc when their European careers are over. However, even the football teams know that you only want a couple of the ageing veterans to work with your youngsters as opposed to filling your squad with Euro castaways.

People compare it to TNA (Including in this very thread) but at least when TNA was signing up the WWE guys they were generally filling spots that needed to be filled. For example, one story line they needed a big bodyguard type so they brought Test from WWE in for a couple months and the other team I believe got Rikishi on their side to even the odds. Rikishi lasted even less than Test if I recall correctly.

TNA also had a great midcard whilst AEW does really not. It really makes AEW look like another brand of the WWE and unfortunately it's become All Friends Wrestling.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I know many people will get shitty at me for bringing this stat up but AEW has not had a non WWE guy in their main event for 5 months now. They are coming off as the place that the WWE castaways go off to for a final payday similar to how football/soccer players head off to countries like Australia, China, India, South Korea, United States etc when their European careers are over. However, even the football teams know that you only want a couple of the ageing veterans to work with your youngsters as opposed to filling your squad with Euro castaways.

People compare it to TNA (Including in this very thread) but at least when TNA was signing up the WWE guys they were generally filling spots that needed to be filled. For example, one story line they needed a big bodyguard type so they brought Test from WWE in for a couple months and the other team I believe got Rikishi on their side to even the odds. Rikishi lasted even less than Test if I recall correctly.

TNA also had a great midcard whilst AEW does really not. It really makes AEW look like another brand of the WWE and unfortunately it's become All Friends Wrestling.
Despite all this, it currently seems to be working for them. Hire people experienced in the big leagues let them work the main events until your homed growns can take over. Not the worst plan in the world

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Despite all this, it currently seems to be working for them. Hire people experienced in the big leagues let them work the main events until your homed growns can take over. Not the worst plan in the world
Sure but how many of these young homegrown talents are working with and learning from the stars? This isn't WWE where if you're feuding with a star you're working with them on a house show loop 3-4 times a week and really getting an education every night this is AEW where you might work with the big star once or twice and that's it before falling back down to the midcard.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’m not a fan of the signing at all... BUT.... I might be ok with it if next week Cody starts the match and never gets a tag in and eventually loses the match. It’s revealed either during the match or after that Matt Cardona signed and is actually in Dark Order. They keep saying that the Dark Order is “everywhere” and this would be an interesting route to take. I still wouldn’t be crazy about it, but it’d be interesting and give the seemingly random Dark Order attack meaning. As of now they just attacked Cody so that Matt had a reason for A run in.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts