·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
Way too big for starters.
Text is too blurry. Needs to be sharper.
The cuts on the middle Neo pic are shocking. You do seem to be getting the hang of it though. Keep it up.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
This is one of the reasons most prefer photoshop. I think the back ground doesn't really go with the subject. With photoshop you can do a BG like the attachment. The two cuts behind are ok, but the middle one doesn't fit. Like Rajah said the text is too blurred.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
Adams BG would look good merged with yours. And the Neo center cut blows.

Take a feathered eraser and feather his edges a little, then set him to hard light or something...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont have either i use something called photoimpressions i plan to buy photoshop elements 2 is it any good

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
kdog said in post #8 :
i dont have either i use something called photoimpressions i plan to buy photoshop elements 2 is it any good
I've made the majority of my graphics with Photoshop Elements it's not that bad, Features some of effects you find on PS but not all of them such as the glow on text etc, But if your looking for a superior and more powerful program just go with Photoshop 7.0 for obvious reasons.
As for the banner, I'm not really feeling it sorry the middle cut just isn't right, The BG Cuts should have some other effect apart from putting some opacity on them everytime, BG's is average but there is plenty of room for improvement here, Rating 4/10.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote: korrupted said
The BG Cuts should have some other effect apart from putting some opacity on them everytime

like how

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
kdog said in post #11 :
quote: korrupted said
The BG Cuts should have some other effect apart from putting some opacity on them everytime

like how
Well, For Elements you select the cut then go the layers list and above your selected cut there will be a drop down list which will include effects such as, Soft Light, Hard Light, Overlay etc.
Another way would be to add some more contrast by doing the following, Enhance > Brightness/Contrast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts