Kane vs Taker WM14
Rock vs Hogan WM18
Rock vs Mankind I Quit
Warrior vs Hogan WM6
CM Punk vs Taker WM29

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
HHH vs The Undertaker HIAC is the first to come to mind. Their worst WM match IMO. That stupid dx finisher didn't have me fooled one bit. ...... yeah like they'd really end the streak that way.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
HHH vs The Undertaker HIAC is the first to come to mind. Their worst WM match IMO. That stupid dx finisher didn't have me fooled one bit. ...... yeah like they'd really end the streak that way.
I agree with this statement.I don't understand when people say they thought the Streak would have ended with that move.The tombstone by HHH to Taker was the only time in the last seven years that made me have 0.1% doubt that the Streak would end.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I agree with this statement.I don't understand when people say they thought the Streak would have ended with that move.The tombstone by HHH to Taker was the only time in the last seven years that made me have 0.1% doubt that the Streak would end.

Yup. That and Orton countering the chokeslam into the rko were the only time for me.

Reactions: austin316 G.O.A.T

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho from WrestleMania 19. I don't think it's a bad match or anything but I'm not really high on it. It's a match that's just there to me. It's not even their best match between the two either. They had a way better match in their rematch on RAW in 2003 and they also cooked up a series of awesome PPV matches in 2008. Their WrestleMania 19 encounter doesn't do anything for me.

·
GENKI D&
1,904 Posts
Bret vs Austin; the fight in the crowd ruins it for me
Bret vs Bulldog; Great finish and crowd reaction, but want feeling it
MITB Cena vs Punk: all the other matches were 5*

·
Banned
63 Posts
bret vs steve @ WM13

The ending was great, but the match not so much - it was disjointed, Ken Shamrock's presence gave the whole thing a weird feeling of "I think the guest referee is about to do something" and generally not as good to watch as their masterful display at Survivor Series '96.

Saying it *hate* it would be going too far, but I think people who talk about it being a great match, rather than just a great ending/moment, are wrong. (and that seems to include just about everyone).

Also Bork vs Punk at this year's Summerslam. The action was fine, but the match didn't do it for me, simply because Punk gave pretty much as good as he got, which I just couldn't buy from a storytelling perspective. Bork should've dominated Punk physically.
It was voted match of the night on this forum.

·
Who am I ?
4,921 Posts
I have alot but cant remember them at the moment

Right now one is Bret/scsa svs 96 and Bret/davey ss 92

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
I came to the thread to post this. I hated that match and Taker's streak pretty much jumped the shark with all the shit he kicked out of.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Flair/Luger Wrestle War 1990. Too long!

Diesel/HBK WM 11. Just lacked the feel of a WM title match.

HBK/Bret Iron Man match. It's the cool thing to trash on this match. I enjoy it but it's probably overrated.

The 6 way hell in a cell in 2000 got great reviews. It was ok but got like 4.5 stars from Dave. WTF?

Punk v Jericho at Payback. Not bad but they have had way better matches.

I don't hate any of these matches. I guess I suck at this thread?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts