Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching Mike Awesome V Masato Tanaka at One Night Stand 2005

This match is nine and a half minutes of unreal.

I've probably watched it a hundred time and it's still brilliant.

I loved ECW and Mike Awesome fucked ECW over, but so what? He could still put on an amazing match and was massively underated. WCW wasted him and I for one was very sad when I heard he'd committed suicide

What a fucking match. If you haven't seen it, you need to.

Over to you guys,

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 13. My favorite Mania match of all time.
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart at Wrestlemania 10. A great back to back match between the two brothers.
CM Punk vs. John Cena at Money In The Bank 2011. The modern day standard of what a WWE match should be.
Macho Man Randy Savage vs Diamond Dallas Page at Spring Stampede. IMO, DDP's best match and Macho made him into a star.
The Royal Rumble 1992. The best Royal Rumble match ever.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Oooh. This is probably gonna end up being my favourite matches list. Let's see, matches I have or would watch more than once, for enjoyment:

Edge vs Alberto Del Rio WMXXVII
Edge vs Dolph Ziggler RR11
2011 Smackdown Elimination Chamber
Randy Orton vs Christian SSlam11
CM Punk vs John Cena SSlam11
Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels WMXIX
Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels WMX
Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels WMXXVI
Undertaker vs Batista WM23
Cactus Jack vs HHH FL00 (IIRC, not sure)
Mick Foley vs Edge WM22
TLC I SSlam00
SCSA vs Rock WMXIX
Matt Hardy vs Edge Unforgiven05
Eddie Guerrero vs Edge SD2002

I'm forgetting a lot, too.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Woahhhh there are way to many to mention ranging right bak from the 80 until the present date from WWF/WWE/ECW and WCW.

I could probably watch every match by my fav superstars over and over again.
CM Punk, The Undertaker,Randy Savage, ROwdy Piper etc etc

I remember as a child having a VHS tape called inside the WWF and each time I would watch over and over and over again Brett Hart Vs Yokozuna WWF title match in a Steel Cage and Shawn Michaels Vs Lex Luger for the Intercontinental championship and Macho Man Vs Doink The Clown whilst they would be my choice now as an adult back then I loved them its strange at what I liked back then but it was usual the technical guys rather than Warrior and Hogan who I thought were just plain borring.

Most recently CM Punk Vs Cena MITB 2011 WWE TITLE, I bought the DVD just to watch this match again in high quality it was a perfect perfect night which dont come along to often.

·
"I wunna eat his children"
432 Posts
Rock/Austin WM17 - I mean, the two biggest stars of that era, arguably the greatest rivalry between two superstars in the history of the business, the epic ass promo leading to the match, the Austin heel turn at the end. Sheesh. Fuck this, I'm about to watch it now.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I'm missing more:

War Games 1992: Sting's team vs. The Dangerous Alliance. I still think this is the best War Games match I have ever seen in terms of the intense action, the drama, the wrestlers in it (Steve Austin and Ricky Steamboat stole the show there), and the blood added a lot.

Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect at King of the Ring 1993. His second match after beating Razor in the first round. This was my favorite match of the night. I thought it was a tad better than their Summerslam match last year, since Perfect was working with an obvious injury. Again, a nice match setting up Bret to be the eventual winner.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Oh dear lord I am missing so many more but I'm not even going to amend the original post because "OH, I forgot about..." is probably going to be happening for a while now.

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
HBK vs Austin WM 14
Bret vs. Owen WM 10
HBK vs. Bret Survivor Series 97'
First Hell in a Cell Kane intruding on HBK and Taker
Most Recent Hell in a Cell End of Era
Mankind vs. Undertaker King of the Ring 98'
HHH vs. Cena Wrestlemania 22
HBK vs. Undertaker WM 25 and WM 26

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Arn and Ole Anderson vs. The Rock n' Roll Express at the first ever Starcade inside a Steel Cage match

Classic and brutal tag team cage match. The Horsemen were so awesome back then. Greatest stable ever.

·
Post'n Errry Now and Then
1,709 Posts
No offense but Awesome didn't fuck ECW over he wasn't getting paid and had a chance to make more money in WCW. yea he had a shit 70's gimmick but you can't blame him. The way Styles acted at ONS was unprofessional. Paul got butthurt he lost his talent over the fact he bounced checks and fucked over alot of people.

As to the question I could watch any Awesome/Tanaka match over and over and not have it get old they had great chemistry.

·
Banned
852 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Eddie Vs Brock at No Way Out 2004
Jericho Vs HBK ladder match at No Mercy 2008

These are 2 of the matches I've watched the most

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Ric Flair vs Terry Funk - I Quit Match

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Another match that I enjoy is oddly enough between two guys that I wasn't a fan of, and both were average. Lex Luger vs Dan Spivey in WCW was one hell of an entertaining match. Unfortunately, I can't find it on Youtube.

·
Premium Member
15,531 Posts
Undertaker's past 4 WM matches
HBK/Razor Ramon ladder match from Summerslam 1995
Raven/Terry Funk from Barely Legal 1997
Savage/Flair from WM 8
Warrior/Savage from WM 7 (and people say Warrior couldn't put on a good match)
Dudleys/Balls & Spike from Dudley's last night in ECW

EDIT: Hey Zbyszko, the pop Sting got from that run in at the end of Flair/Funk was HUGE!

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Hart vs Austin at Survivor Series (I think it was Survivor Series, it was their first encounter).... man that match had suspense like no other. At that time Bret was massively over and Austin just started doing his cutting edge promo's, they really need to go back to building match ups like this again, instead of the 3 week build up crap that they have now.

Beyond that, many of the old wcw cruiser weight classic match ups, hell pick any really, something like Rey Mysterio vs Ultimo Dragon was always great to watch.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Rock vs. Austin II - WrestleMania X-Seven
Rock vs. Austin III - WrestleMania XIX
Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock - SummerSlam 2002
CM Punk vs. John Cena - Money in the Bank 2011

1 - 20 of 63 Posts