Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No explanation needed, I'll just give an example.

Jack Swagger vs Alberto Del Rio World Heavyweight Championship Wrestlemania 29.

There. Go.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Is this just pure speculation?
I bet they regret Michaels/Hogan from SS 05 :lol
nah actually they just made a fuck ton of money they probably don't care about the quality of the match.
Brock/Goldberg/Austin, I could imagine Vince yelling behind a monitor or something lol. Especially since it was a Vince-Dream-Match too where he was probably hoping to see big guy on big guy action :p

As far as ADR goes, I think he is a good example though. I think they were expecting a different reaction out of the viewers and audience for almost every ME he has been booked in. Every time it just turns to shit though.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Jack Swagger vs Alberto Del Rio World Heavyweight Championship Wrestlemania 29.
That was gonna be my reply, but you beat me to it.

I'd say Jericho vs Triple H at WrestleMania X8. Vince never really wanted Jericho as a main eventer. Considering the reaction the match got on the night, and the fact that Austin walked out on the company months later, I'd say they would have preferred to keep Austin heel and have him defend the title against Triple H that night. It would have been more fitting and the fans would have responded far more.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,082 Posts
Probably none. I'm sure Vince thinks everything he's done in the past was fucking perfect.

:vince5

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
Probably matches that were booked that we never saw which resulted in talent walking out or throw hissy fits over the booking. The one I remember is HBK and Hogan. I think it was supposed to be a longer program than it turned out to be.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
21,348 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,552 Posts
If it didn't cost him money or affected the gate negatively, why would Vince regret it?

Regardless of what we may think, every PPV match has made Vince money because I've never heard of one PPV that lost money.

I really don't know what to say because a successful businessman regrets nothing.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
If it didn't cost him money or affected the gate negatively, why would Vince regret it?

Regardless of what we may think, every PPV match has made Vince money because I've never heard of one PPV that lost money.

I really don't know what to say because a successful businessman regrets nothing.
That's not entirely true. It's not just about making money, but how much at most times based on expectations.

If a match is forecast to bring in about $500,000, but its break even is $300,000. Even though it makes money at 400,000, the rest of the money is still considered a loss and therefore regrettable. This is probably been the scenario with Bryan's booking at SS. They may have projected a higher buyrate and even though it wasn't a total loss as far as we can tell, to some in the business it still might be a loss.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
That was gonna be my reply, but you beat me to it.

I'd say Jericho vs Triple H at WrestleMania X8. Vince never really wanted Jericho as a main eventer. Considering the reaction the match got on the night, and the fact that Austin walked out on the company months later, I'd say they would have preferred to keep Austin heel and have him defend the title against Triple H that night. It would have been more fitting and the fans would have responded far more.
The plan was for Austin/HHH to happen at WMX8, but Austin did not want to stay heel. Angle was then supposed to win the Undisputed title at Vengeance, but I think he suggested that Jericho win it instead, which led to a disappointing reign. WMX8 could've been so much better with all the talent they had. Ah well.

I don't think Vince regretted having Del Rio vs. Swagger at WM29 either. The WHC wasn't going to get much precedence with Rock, Brock, Taker, and HHH all having matches, and the whole Colter/Swagger deal got a lot of mainstream media attention at first, which is the shit Vince loves. :vince5

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The plan was for Austin/HHH to happen at WMX8, but Austin did not want to stay heel.
Austin walked out on the company because of the match with Hall, as a result of him saying no to a match with Triple H because he didn't want to stay heel? Sounds like it was Austin's own fault then. He's got no right to complain about creative when they wanted to book him in the damn main event of WrestleMania.

Angle was then supposed to win the Undisputed title at Vengeance, but I think he suggested that Jericho win it instead, which led to a disappointing reign.
According to Jericho's book "Undisputed", Angle believed he was winning the title, while Austin congratulated Jericho on his upcoming title win. Apparently, Vince told Austin one thing and told Angle another.

WMX8 could've been so much better with all the talent they had. Ah well.
It still could have been good with Jericho if they had booked him strongly. They made him Stephanie's bitch and made him look completely inferior.

I don't think Vince regretted having Del Rio vs. Swagger at WM29 either. The WHC wasn't going to get much precedence with Rock, Brock, Taker, and HHH all having matches, and the whole Colter/Swagger deal got a lot of mainstream media attention at first, which is the shit Vince loves. :vince5
I bet he regretted all the media attention when Swagger got busted for drugs. Too bad that it couldn't have happened before the Elimination Chamber PPV. Would have been easy to change plans.

·
Premium Member
15,552 Posts
That's not entirely true. It's not just about making money, but how much at most times based on expectations.

If a match is forecast to bring in about $500,000, but its break even is $300,000. Even though it makes money at 400,000, the rest of the money is still considered a loss and therefore regrettable. This is probably been the scenario with Bryan's booking at SS. They may have projected a higher buyrate and even though it wasn't a total loss as far as we can tell, to some in the business it still might be a loss.
In other words, a loss of potential profit?

For the record, neither of us are in the business and I have absolutely no clue what you're even saying since, well, I don't work in the business.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
Cena vs Bryan for the terrible buyrate
All of Brock Lesnars original push since he left and added to UFC
Bryan vs Randy Orton Battleground because of the reports of a bunch of people getting their money back

1 - 20 of 20 Posts