Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Actually in The Business
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nephew who is 4 years old. His mom just gave me the OK to show him some wrestling provided it's not too violet (blood and inappropriate stuff.) I was wondering if anyone had any matches that would be good for someone that age. I want to keep it current so if he wants to start watching he's not looking at really old stuff.

I want it to be someone with former ROH guys like Rollins, Cesaro, Bryan and Punk cause I used to work with them.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The current WWE. Even if I'm not a fan, they have some great matches and he is young so it doesn't matter if the storyline sucks. He is too young to watch it like you do, just let him watch the WWE and if he really love wrestling in some years, he will try to watch the indy stuff like you did

·
Actually in The Business
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The current WWE. Even if I'm not a fan, they have some great matches and he is young so it doesn't matter if the storyline sucks. He is too young to watch it like you do, just let him watch the WWE and if he really love wrestling in some years, he will try to watch the indy stuff like you did
Yeah I know, was talking bout specific matches. Probably gonna only have time to show him 1 or 2.

·
Banned
663 Posts
Santino vs Ricardo Rodriguez Tuxedo Match

and that John Cena match with Dolph Ziggler where he kicks out of every single finisher there is, so he knows what to hate.

·
Since Day One
9,907 Posts
The Rock vs. Mankind - Royal Rumble 1999
DX vs. The McMahons and the Big Show - Unforgiven 2006
John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar - Extreme Rules 2012
Edge vs. Mick Foley - Wrestlemania 22
Kurt Angle vs. Shane McMahon - King of the Ring 2001
The Undertaker vs. Ric Flair - Wrestlemania X8
8*D 8*D 8*D 8*D

In all seriousness, how about showing him The Shield take on Team Hell No and The Undertaker? Or Antonio Cesaro vs. Kofi Kingston on Main Event?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
cena vs del rio miracle on elm street fight last christmas

its the best match they had together

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Sami Zayn vs Antonio Cesaro 2/3 falls.

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins from FCW, 30 minute Ironman match.

This year's Survivor Series 5 on 5 match with Roman Reigns killing everyone. The kid will love it.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Anything from saturday morning slam.. It was a funny show with some funny matches.
Many people hated but they never understood that it was meant to be for little kids..

·
CONCERNED THIRD PARTY
1,323 Posts
Rey Mysterio vs. Evan Bourne

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
They have a for kids special called Saturday Morning Slam. I think you should be able to find episodes of it online. It's G-rated and specifically for the youngest possible audience.

·
#WWELogic
3,986 Posts
Since he's 4, I'd suggest if you have it allow him to watch a match up that inspired a generation......

HOGAN vs. ANDRE WM III​

To me it's the "greatest" match for someone on that level, the violence compared 2today is minimal, the fact that there is a GIANT in the ring is enough to grab any kids attention plus it's Hulk Hogan in the 80's so unlike Cena, Hogan sells & tells a story like nobody else can.

To me that's a great jump off point for children of that age to start to enjoy the "spectacle" of pro-wrestling, then if it's a hit you could easily add in the Macho Man, the Million Dollar Man, ect and really allow his imagination to soar and when he's ready the debut of the Undertaker through a child's eyes even in 2013 is still something to see...

Had my brother's kid over to the house last week he's 5 and upload SSeries with the Dead man debut and this little guy who's a hogan fan just couldn't believe what he was seeing and even turned away on some parts.

So yeah anything from the "golden era" involving Hogan is great for a little guy starting out.

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
Cesaro's top 5 matches on Main Event. plus you can watch those on Hulu Plus.

There was a comedy match between Fandango v Santino a month back on NXT. I highly recommend that when introducing wrestling to someone. I would probably include that in my top 5 MOTY actually, it was that good and still just a comedy match.
edit- found it

Rock v Cena 1 & 2 as well.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.