Wrestling Forum banner

Matches that should've happened at WrestleMania

4165 31
What matches have taken place in WWE history that you believe should've happened at WrestleMania?

For me, the match that comes to mind is Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker. It happened at No Way Out 2006, as well as on Smackdown back in 2003 and in 2002. The match at No Way Out is the one that is most commented on, and as good a match it was, I just can't help but feel that they should've had it at WrestleMania. It would've stolen the show and deserved to be on that big stage.

What matches can you think of that should've happened at the "Grandest Stage of them All?"
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,780 Posts
Hogan Vs. Flair at Wrestlemania 8 felt like such a missed opportunity, though the resulting Flair/Savage match is a classic I wouldn't give up.

Jericho Vs. Undertaker feels like a major missed opportunity for a classic. Jericho had a serious run in the last five years. While you might not replace Michaels, you easily could have replaced Mark Henry. Add that they'd never wrestled in singles until WWE randomly tossed it on a Smackdown, and it could have been great.

· Registered
2,352 Posts
Hogan Vs. Flair at Wrestlemania 8 felt like such a missed opportunity, though the resulting Flair/Savage match is a classic I wouldn't give up.

Jericho Vs. Undertaker feels like a major missed opportunity for a classic. Jericho had a serious run in the last five years. While you might not replace Michaels, you easily could have replaced Mark Henry. Add that they'd never wrestled in singles until WWE randomly tossed it on a Smackdown, and it could have been great.
If Wrestlemania 25 had not been in Texas, I can see them going with a Jericho/Undertaker match. Anyway, The Rock vs Triple H should have happened at Mania 2000, it is sad that their "Wrestlemania" match came a month later.

· Banned
19,104 Posts
Hulk Hogan Vs. Ric Flair

Bret Hart Vs. Randy Savage

Bret Hart Vs. Steve Austin for the WWF Championship

The Rock Vs. Triple H

Randy Orton Vs. Mick Foley

Randy Orton Vs. Batista

John Cena Vs. Randy Orton

Triple H Vs. Edge

Triple H Vs. Shawn Michaels

Razor Ramon, Adam Bomb, Bret Hart, Mankind, Stone Cold, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, and Sheamus Vs. The Undertaker (Just imagine how much greater The Streak would be if The Undertaker defeated main eventers instead of midcarders.)

Dream matches:

Hulk Hogan Vs. Stone Cold

The Rock Vs. Shawn Michaels

Goldberg Vs. Undertaker

- Vic

· Banned
2,700 Posts
If Wrestlemania 25 had not been in Texas, I can see them going with a Jericho/Undertaker match. Anyway, The Rock vs Triple H should have happened at Mania 2000, it is sad that their "Wrestlemania" match came a month later.
Rocky/HHH could have saved us from that abortion of a fatal 4 way that needlessly included Foley and Show and was really more about the lame ass mcmahons then the in ring wrestling. They botched that ME big time

· Banned
18,342 Posts
The Undertaker vs Kurt Angle
The Undertaker vs Mankind
The Undertaker vs Vader
The Undertaker vs Raven (HIAC)

Shawn Michaels vs Eddie Guerrero
Shawn Michaels vs Owen Hart

Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair vs Kurt Angle

Owen Hart vs Mr. Perfect
Owen Hart vs British Bulldog

Mr. Perfect vs Bob Backlund
Mr. Perfect vs Bret Hart
Mr. Perfect vs Shawn Michaels

· Registered
2,352 Posts
Rocky/HHH could have saved us from that abortion of a fatal 4 way that needlessly included Foley and Show and was really more about the lame ass mcmahons then the in ring wrestling. They botched that ME big time
Wrestlemania 2000 is a textbook example of overbooking, if they did the Backlash match(With Austin and Linda McMahon coming back) at Wrestlemania, that would have made it so much more memorable.

· Registered
2,775 Posts

This. They completely missed the boat on having a long-term Jericho/Taker feud which could have culminated in a huge match at Wrestlemania.

They did have a short feud, so at least we have that to go back and enjoy, but damn....one of the matches I've always wanted to see at Wrestlemania will probably never happen now.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,772 Posts
Mr Perfect Vs Bret Hart
The Rock Vs Undertaker
The Rock Vs Triple H
The Rock Vs Stone Cold Vs Triple H(This could have easily happened at Wrestlmania 1, even though Rock and Austin was deadly)
Stone Cold Vs Triple H

· Registered
1,735 Posts
I always felt McMahon V.S Austin should have happened at wrestlemania. It was the feud of the nineties. ok that match might not have been great but people wanted to see Austin beat Vince up so bad. I know it happened at valentines day massacre before anyone says they did fight.

· Registered
12 Posts
The Rock vs Shawn Michaels.. two of the greatest of all time..

· Banned
2,204 Posts
the whole, Rey Misterio doing it for Eddie thing wouldnt be so blantant had they went with HHH vs Misterio instead

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.