Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
14,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people are concerned that WWE won't be able to provide an entertaining Wrestlemania this year. I beg to differ. If they add the pieces nicely and use their talent correctly, WWE can provide us with a very entertaining show. Now here is how I think Wrestlemania should do down.

Justin Bieber performs American The Beautiful:I hate Justin Bieber but if he can get Vince a couple of extra buys I'm all for it. Plus peforming American The Beautiful is quick and at the beginning of the show. The kids get to see Bieber early and we get rid off him early. Everybody wins!

Daniel Bryan vs. Evan Bourne for the United States Championship: This match will open the show. Evan Bourne's high flying style goes up agaisnt Daniel Bryan's submission style. Both guys can put up a great opening match for Wrestlemania. Evan Bourne wins and gets a reign as United States Champion while Daniel Bryan moves on to bigger programs with the likes of CM Punk and Sheamus.

Kofi Kingston vs. Justin Gabriel for the Intercontinental Championship:Another nice quick paced match for the card. Kofi is a great performer but I prefer someone else as Intercontinental Champion over him. Justin Gabriel wins the Intercontinental Championship and gives The Corre some momentum and credibility.

WCW vs. The Corre:Big Show, Kevin Nash & Booker T versus Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson & Skip Sheffield(who replaces Heath Slater). This match is set up after The Corre continues attack Big Show week after week. Finally, Booker T & Kevin Nash make the save and this match is set up. The Corre goes over here as I feel it benefits WWE more down the long run.

Michelle McCool vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Natalia Neidhart for the Divas Championship:No Awesome Kong? She will be in the PPV but she will make her debut. This will be a Lumberjill match and once the match is over. Kong comes out and destroys the entire divas division. Beth Phoenix wins the gold here.

Triple H vs. Sheamus in a Street Fight:This match pretty much builds itself and these two have good chemistry together. I believe that they can put up a much better match than their Wrestlemania match last year. Triple H wins and gets his revenge.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk w/Mason Ryan in a Singles Match:I'm really hoping that the reason Punk attacked Orton was because Orton cost Punk the title at Unforgiven at one point. By this point Orton have punted Harris, McGuillicuty & Otunga down to FCW. Mason Ryan stays because let's face it Vince is in love with him and he serves as a nice enforcer for CM Punk. I prefer Punk to go over here but Orton is red hot right now. Regardless this can easily be one of the top three matches of the night.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:John Morrison, Rey Mysterio, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler & Kane are the participants. Rey Mysterio requested Cody Rhodes as his opponent but I doubt WWE will grant him his wish. Besides the truth is Cody Rhodes and Rey Mysterio will probably get little time on the show and will not be the match that it could be. I prefer to see these two have a series of 15 minute matches on Smackdown on the road to Wrestlemania while hyping Money in the Bank in the process. John Morrison is in the match to do his athletic spots and he will be the favorite to win it. My pick is "The Choosen One" Drew McIntyre as I feel that WWE could build him to cash in at next year's Wrestlemania. Maybe against his boy Triple H?

Edge vs. Christian vs. Alberto del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship:I don't want to jump on the Christian lovefest but you can't deny the clues. Edge using Killswitch, Miz mentioning him the night after, the Slammys and Christian's beef with Alberto del Rio. Too many clues to ignore. Christian will be added to this match and I believe it is the right move as it increases the quality of the Smackdown main event. I'm not saying that Del Rio is a bad performer by any means but the guy still needs a little more work. Del Rio has yet to have a singles match on PPV and although his mic skills are there is only a matter of time before people get tired of the same opening line and the little wink. Edge retains the World Heavyweight Championship as I feel he deserves more time with the belt.

Undertaker vs. Sting for the Streak:It's not confirmed that Sting has signed with WWE but I'm sure Vince would sell his soul just to have Undertaker vs. Sting at Wrestlemania. These two would blow the roof in the ring together. Both guys are past their prime but the hype and crowd reaction alone should be overwhelming. Undertaker's streak will never be broken but if this match happens it will definitely be unforgetable and arguably the biggest match with Taker's streak on the line. Let's say Sting doesn't sign with WWE then is simple. Barret faces Taker while Gabriel takes Barrett's place in the WCW vs. The Corre match. Kofi Kingston faces Jack Swagger for the Intercontinental Championship and R-Truth takes Swagger's spot in Money in the Bank.

John Cena vs. The Miz for the WWE Championship:Now let me be the first to say that I've hated how they have built Miz but I think is a set up by Vince. Miz is coward that can't win without cheating or interference. He is the total opposite of John Cena's character. That makes this Wrestlemania match interesting. Everybody will expect Miz to lose at Wrestlemania to Cena but that's when WWE might swerve us and have Miz pin John Cena at Wrestlemania. Sounds unlikely but it would be AWESOME of it happens. John Cena wins here but don't be surprise if there's a swerve and Miz pins Cena to end the show and send kids home crying.

Your thoughts?

· STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,105 Posts
I really like it apart from the world title match.

Edge is a 10 time world champion and Christian hasn't won it once. Give Christian the win definitely. With the pin on Del Rio. I would do this by having Christian win MITB the same night and add himself to the match.

that would be epic.

Reactions: MRRSNTNO

· Registered
3,021 Posts
I like it but their needs to be a tag match, Santino and Kozlov vs. Otunga and Mgillicuty (instead of being punted) vs. the corre. Instead of Kofi vs. Gabriel, the match could be Kofi vs. Kane.
WCW vs. The Corre?

Anyway. Love it, but I would change the match placements a bit, get a little variety in it for sure.

Also love how you've figured out who to replace whom in case things don't work out. Awesome.

· Registered
294 Posts
New Age Outlaws vs Edge and Christian

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
I really like it apart from the world title match.

Edge is a 10 time world champion and Christian hasn't won it once. Give Christian the win definitely. With the pin on Del Rio. I would do this by having Christian win MITB the same night and add himself to the match.

that would be epic.
Why waste the Rumble on ADR by adding Christian and then having go over? At this rate it should just be Edge vs Del Rio with ADR going over the champ and winning if they want the Rumble to mean anything anymore.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
Why waste the Rumble on ADR by adding Christian and then having go over? At this rate it should just be Edge vs Del Rio with ADR going over the champ and winning if they want the Rumble to mean anything anymore.
I try my best to be sympathetic with the fervent Christian marks on the Interwebs but now with their incessant cries of wishing to have Christian enter the Del Rio/Edge match-up at Wrestlemania, thus needlessly contaminating what should be a singles match for a world championship into a triple threat, and on top of that having Christian take the championship, therefore extending the streak of Royal Rumble winners choking at Wrestlemania to four straight, I find myself becoming less apt to view this whole issue from their perspective. I even think Christian kind of got something of a raw deal in 2005, but then there have been a bunch of guys in wrestling who have received something of a "raw deal"; for instance, just because Elijah Burke was pointlessly screwed over and meekly released in 2008, I doubt I'll be pining for him to win a world championship because I happen to think he deserves it in 2017 when he's in his late 30s and newer stars need to be given the spotlight.

Del Rio should say that it's his destiny to win the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania every single time he shows up on TV, kind of like his run-up to the Rumble. And then he does it. There are fewer things people hate more than an arrogant, successful guy saying he's going to do something and then watching as he does it. Doing that 2x over with Del Rio between the 'Rumble match and Wrestlemania would "make" him. People would be dying to see someone beat him for the strap by early summer.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
I try my best to be sympathetic with the fervent Christian marks on the Interwebs but now with their incessant cries of wishing to have Christian enter the Del Rio/Edge match-up at Wrestlemania, thus needlessly contaminating what should be a singles match for a world championship into a triple threat, and on top of that having Christian take the championship, therefore extending the streak of Royal Rumble winners choking at Wrestlemania to four straight, I find myself becoming less apt to view this whole issue from their perspective.
I kind of disagree. While I wouldn't have Christian win the title at Wrestlemania (Del Rio should do that, and then the spotlight will be on him) I think adding Christian to the match would make complete sense and would make it more entertaining for me. Their storylines do all fuse together. Christian got injured by Del Rio, Del Rio won the rumble, Edge is champion, Del Rio challenges Edge, Christian comes back for revenge, Christian is the former tag partner of Edge etc. It all does fit perfectly well.

Then once Del Rio wins at Wrestlemania, it turns into a full blown Edge/Christian feud, not over the world title though. Del Rio then goes forward with new challenges for his title run. I think adding Christian would be a fine idea because Edge/Del Rio just isn't a match that grabs my attention in the slightest, I think they need to add something.

· Registered
171 Posts
I kind of disagree. While I wouldn't have Christian win the title at Wrestlemania (Del Rio should do that, and then the spotlight will be on him) I think adding Christian to the match would make complete sense and would make it more entertaining for me. Their storylines do all fuse together. Christian got injured by Del Rio, Del Rio won the rumble, Edge is champion, Del Rio challenges Edge, Christian comes back for revenge, Christian is the former tag partner of Edge etc. It all does fit perfectly well.

Then once Del Rio wins at Wrestlemania, it turns into a full blown Edge/Christian feud, not over the world title though. Del Rio then goes forward with new challenges for his title run. I think adding Christian would be a fine idea because Edge/Del Rio just isn't a match that grabs my attention in the slightest, I think they need to add something.

This. I´m not a huge Christian fan, but I'd love to see this match. Edge vs Del Rio is not enough to headline WM.

· Registered
12 Posts
Mysterio would be a much better person to add to the World title Match- both from a workrate perspective and a starpower perspective. And from a storyline perspective it makes sense too since DelRio's biggest enemy so far has been Rey and Edge and Rey have a history together (as tag champs too I believe).

· Registered
7,000 Posts
Mysterio would be a much better person to add to the World title Match- both from a workrate perspective and a starpower perspective. And from a storyline perspective it makes sense too since DelRio's biggest enemy so far has been Rey and Edge and Rey have a history together (as tag champs too I believe).
You do realize that Edge/Del Rio/Mysterio already happened on SmackDown not too long ago right?

· Registered
14,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This. I´m not a huge Christian fan, but I'd love to see this match. Edge vs Del Rio is not enough to headline WM.
Exactly. Del Rio hasn't even had a singles PPV match. Although he might have one with Kofi at Elimination Chamber but one PPV match isn't enough.

I also don't see why people want to see Nexus vs. The Corre. Do people really want to see Otunga & McGuillicuty in the Wrestlemania card? Not to mention Mason Ryan was called up earlier than he should have. And let's not forget they are both HEEL stables.

· Registered
1,391 Posts
Daniel Bryan vs. William Regal in a 30 Minute Ironman Match for the United States Championship. I honestly think the crowd would be HOT once this gets into gear.

Kicks, strikes and suplexes a-fucking-hoy.

· Registered
9 Posts
Well, to be completely honest, I would love and I repeat LOVE to see a match between The Undertaker and Sting at Mania. Damn, that would draw a huge buy rate... maybe more than 1 million - who knows. As much as I would love to see that match, I just don't see that happening. Would be awesome, though.

Another match I'd like to see is Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio and since the JBL lookalike has won the Rumble match, we will get to see it. No way Edge's gonna lose the title at No Way Out. To whom? Ziggler? Really, REALLY? He ain't ready to headline Mania yet.

· Registered
140 Posts
I like it but their needs to be a tag match, Santino and Kozlov vs. Otunga and Mgillicuty (instead of being punted) vs. the corre. Instead of Kofi vs. Gabriel, the match could be Kofi vs. Kane.
I like to see Kofi Vs. Swagger. They always put on a great match together. And Evan Bourne Vs. Daniel Bryan would be great match to see too.

· Registered
14,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Daniel Bryan vs. William Regal in a 30 Minute Ironman Match for the United States Championship. I honestly think the crowd would be HOT once this gets into gear.

Kicks, strikes and suplexes a-fucking-hoy.
WWE would never give a US Title match 30 minutes.

· Registered
1,400 Posts
Why waste Morrison by having him lose in the MTIB match? If he doesn't get a singles match, he very much needs to win MITB.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.