Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody has heard of Austin finishing his match after his neck injury, **** Foley with his shoulder and facial injuries in the HIAC and Triple H taking The Walls of Jericho after destroying his leg. These events are not as rare as they seem though, and matches are worked through injuries quite often. Here are a few that I always remember when thinking of examples.

This is always the first one that comes to mind for me, because of Liger's disregard for the injury. Juventud breaks his left arm jumping to the outside at 1:20 and told Liger to stay off of his arm, but he seems to target the arm throughout the match. He puts him in surfboard stretches and irish whips him via his broken arm. I'm not sure what went on, but he had to have noticed with the way Juventud's arm was hanging.

The second that comes to mind is another one that's pretty well known.

This match is one that is often pointed out when conversations about stiff matches come up. Stan Hansen accidentally broke Vader's nose on the way to the ring, and the two exchanged stiff blows in the ring. Somewhere in the course of the match, Hansen thumbs Vader in the eye, causing it to pop out of the socket. Vader casually pushes his eye back into the socket and finishes the match. He required 4 surgeries to repair the damage done to his face, which included a broken nose and orbital socket.

The move at 3:15 is botched and Bret Hart tears his groin. He's in obvious pain, but still runs the ropes and takes a cloverleaf. Can you imagine how painful that would be with a torn groin?

I wasn't sure whether or not to include this one, as the injured party doesn't continue the match, but the match continues while he's being attended to. Villano IV sustained a severe neck injury at 2:40 which would nearly retire him. Villano V attacks Raven and Kanyon at 3:05, I'm not sure if he wasn't aware that his partner was hurt or if he was just trying to avert the audience. He can be seen climbing back onto the apron after being thrown out by Kanyon, and I really don't think he notices anything is wrong until about 3:40.

What other instances can you think of where a match was finished through an injury?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Undertaker still finished the match of the night at Elimination Chamber 2010 after suffering third degree burn all over his body following a pyro accident during his entrance.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a great mention. Burns are really painful, I imagine every move that made contact with a burn was excruciating.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Didn't Bret get hurt when he beat Flair for the winged eagle in 1992? I think he dislocated his wrist or something. If you watch the match Hart tugs on his arm at some point and pops it back in and Perfect (at ringside) makes a look like he is about to puke.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
He dislocated a finger if I recall correctly.

Edit: Yep, dislocated finger.

Injury happens around 13:10, he pops it back in a little after 15 minutes in.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Cactus Jack finishing a match after he lost his ear getting tangled in the ropes. **** Foley has so many examples that could be put up here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts