Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now i've thought that the next evolution of 'exclusive content' for the network would be WWE puts on matches that we can ONLY see on the network. Lo and behold I just saw this http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Network_Airing_Title_Match_After_Tonight_s_RAW.html

WWE has announced that United States Champion Sheamus will defend his title against Rusev on the WWE Network tonight after RAW in Buffalo goes off the air.

WWE tweeted:

"TONIGHT after #RAW, US Champion @WWESheamus defends vs. @RusevBUL, exclusively on @WWENetwork! #FreeFreeFree"

Rusev v Sheamus is a big midcard match, especially for the US title. Something which would really add to Rusev's heat if he won it. This is a match which should be booked with a great build to really sell it. Survivor Series is going to be pretty low on star power in the undercard due to everyone of note going to be in the elimination match or ambrose v wyatt. I'd be annoyed if they gave this match away for free on Raw, but this is one step beyond that. Only allowing WWE Network subscribers to watch the match? I swear we're about a year away from heavyweight title matches being shown exclusively on the network. I'm sure of it.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,248 Posts
They already do this with NXT, Superstars and Main Event so I'm not surprised.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Man I'm tired of seeing people moan about the network not being available in the UK yet or how they 'can't wait' for it to be released. There's been nothing stopping you getting the Network since it launched in America, many of us Brits have had it since launch day, it's not that difficult so stop moaning.

·
Witty Custom User Title
745 Posts
Man I'm tired of seeing people moan about the network not being available in the UK yet or how they 'can't wait' for it to be released. There's been nothing stopping you getting the Network since it launched in America, many of us Brits have had it since launch day, it's not that difficult so stop moaning.
You're missing the point completely. No shit I can use a VPN service and use the American one.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, airing a dark match which would hamper Rusev's momentum if he doesn't win, I think he will though, but again things are desperate with the Network.
Thing is, if he does win then thats a huge thing to happen which when you take into account the entire viewership of WWE, the majority of fans will not see.

I'm really worried that WWE have turned from the attitude of 'please buy the network, please, please, please.' To 'Fuck you, if you don't buy the network then you don't get to see important stuff.'

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's not the point. The fact is, we shouldn't have to go through some backdoor route to get the network. The UK is one of WWE's top audiences in revenue and viewership and most of all, passionate fans. To fuck them over like this is just bad business. If you're tired of seeing people moaning, just imagine how the people moaning feel about constantly being screwed over.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They already do this with NXT, Superstars and Main Event so I'm not surprised.
Thing with NXT, Superstars and Main Event is those shows never had huge ratings, because WWE never treated them as important shows. So the fact they're exclusive doesn't really matter.
Plus we're used to that content being exclusive, those are network shows.

With RAW though, it's the highest rated show for the company and it's their way to reach as many viewers as possible. We've been taught that Raw is the big show and it's for everyone. So by taking an important match and saying it's happening AFTER Raw (which designates it as a RAW match) and saying that we can't watch this unless we buy the network is using a very harsh method of tactics to try and get people to buy your network.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
So, any UK fans want to see this match?

:vince5 "No Chance in Hell"

I wonder how USA Network feels about the WWE starting to hold matches like this off the TV portion of Raw?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Why the fuck is this match not on the Survivor Series card. A rematch at Survivor Series has less importance IMO

1 - 20 of 49 Posts