Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody(or mostly) loved the Punk/'Taker match at Wrestlemania 29 but I didn't. It just didn't deliver and they were trying too hard IMO. Even Punk didn't enjoy it(fued). I didn't like the match or fued.

I actually loved the Kane/Khali match at Wrestlemania 23 because it told a great story. A monster vs. the immovable object. Twenty years after Hogan/Andre plus it was in Detroit like 'Mania. Sure, the match wasn't all that but Kane powerslamming Khali like Hogan did to Andre was great.

Now what's yours?

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
SummerSlam 2014 Brock vs Cena...WOAT!!!! I hate this match. This is the first match that said "now that you're only paying less than $9.99 for PPVs we no longer have to deliver a main event. Did I mention I hate this match?

I actually enjoy Nash vs Golderg Starrcade '98. Now that WCW is dead and I have finally begun to start my grieving and it's only for nostalgic purposes I can appreciate the match. Fun match with 2 extremely over wrestlers.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WM 25.

Don't hate it, I just don't care for it as much as other fans do.

Any Austin vs. Taker match or Rock vs. Taker match.

Don't care about their chemistry, I still enjoyed all their matches.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Savage vs Steamboat at Mania. I don't like it, it's painfully average. I know everyone says for the time it was great, but it doesn't hold up. I loved the Steamboat/Flair matches, and that was 2 years later.

Cena vs Punk at MITB. I'm talking about the MATCH. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the angle, the result, the atmosphere, everything about it. I don't like the work in that match, it's just poor and bland. In fact, I don't like the Raw match either. That match to me is just "the Piledriver match". That's all it is to me. I don't think they have good chemistry in the ring, they're too different a style, but they're also both sloppy with their move execution. It's just a mess. I do think their Night of Champions match was great, but outside of that, pass.

I'll probably add more later if I can think of them.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Didn't enjoy the Triple H vs Ric Flair match on Raw in 2003, just wasn't believable that a 55 year old Ric Flair could stand his own against a 34 year old Triple H.

Did enjoy the Great Khali vs Triple H match at Summerslam 2008. It told a good old school unstoppable force vs immovable object story.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Lesnar/Triple H at Summerslam in 2012. I thought it was pretty good. The buildup itself was lame, but the match itself wasn't as awful as people claim it was. :toomanykobes

60,006 Posts
My first answer was Savage/Steamboat. I dont think it's the be all and end all some make it out to be. Since Tyrion Lannister mentioned it, I'll go with Bret vs Owen cage match at Summerslam'94. I could see where people thought it was good. I thought it paled to their Mania X match. Why? There was no ref to count near falls. All the match consisted of was spots built around climbing out of the cage. I still somewhat liked it, but I dont think it was anywhere near great. it was like"Oh, there they go climbing the cage again." I just never got fully invested in it. It was like watching humans reenact Donkey Kong. A bunch of counted near falls would have elevated the match tremendously.

A match I like that people think suck was Hogan/Bundy at Mania 2. I was fully enthralled y Hulkamania and I still look at it through rose tinted glasses.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Undertaker/HBK at Wrestlemania 25 (you can add their match at 26 too)

They were great matches but I just didn't care.

Also I thought the Bryan/Reigns match at Fastlane was fantastic. Those two have amazing chemistry despite what Reigns haters will try to tell you. I thought those two put on an amazing match and told a great story. Both played to their strengths. It was a perfect David vs goliath story.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
The two most recent matches... Brock/Cena at Summerslam and the triple threat at the Rumble. I hated the extended squash and the finisher fest had me shaking my head to the point I was fully ejected from any suspension of disbelief. Both were absolutely atrocious matches.

One that I loved... well, that is harder since many seem to pick up a following over time. I'm not sure how the blindfold match at WMVII between Roberts and Martel is viewed, but that is a fucking awesome match. I mean, completely based on working the crowd and hardly doing a thing in the ring. That is fucking masterclass! Another could be Andre/Hogan at III... it least in that i feel it is severely underrated. It's not the most technical, but the emotions and psychology are again top class. I wouldn't say it's a top 20 match, but man I love watching it still.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I really didn't care for Cena vs. Rock part 1 at Mania.

I personally loved Taker vs. Taker match at Summerslam. To me it was a great storyline of the Taker's rebirth, plus that entrance was awesome. Not to mention I was a fanatic of purple Taker back then.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Savage and Steamboat for me, its just a lot of throwing outside the ring and interference in favor of the face?! Can just never get into it when I watch it.

This is coming from a huge Savage fan, I enjoy his match against Warrior at Mania 7 a lot more.

As for matches I enjoy that others don't, I really enjoy Nash vs Triple H, both their ladder match and their Hell in a Cell match. I'm not sure if i've ever heard of people really enjoying either.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
CM Punk/Undertaker was not an interesting match.

CM Punk/Rock at the Rumble was really good. Don't get the hate.

Triple H/Brock steel cage was one of the best matches that your and one of Triple H's best overall. Don't get the hate or even plain disregard.

·
Team SHIV
3,177 Posts
I didn't like the original Cena vs Lesnar. At the time I wasn't a Brock fan and I didn't have much awareness of his career outside WWE. Much of the surrealness was lost on me, so all I saw was a dull beat down and a dumb Cena win.

Can't think of a match I liked that no one else did, lol.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts